You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing [Z] Shortcut for Zoom tool

JGD

Hi guys. Basically that's just it, what's on the tin.

I was fooling around with my new Huion tablet drivers and realised that that essential shortcut for a multi-touch-less workflow – I've since stopped using my Bamboo Pen & Touch, and besides my H950P I only have a Magic Mouse connected to my iMac – was MIA (it's present and fully functional on both Designer and Publisher on their default personas, and also on their respective Pixel and Photo personas).

Can we expect it to be back on the first 1.7.0.1 fix?

On 6/9/2019 at 6:59 PM, fde101 said:

Open Preferences from the Affinity Photo menu.  Navigate to Keyboard Shortcuts.  Make sure the two popup menus at the top read Photo and Tools.  Click the Reset button.

Thanks, that did the trick! Weird that it should've gone missing by itself, right?

2 minutes ago, JGD said:

Weird that it should've gone missing by itself, right?

Other similar things have happened with this release that were not entirely expected - people had similar issues with the main toolbar getting out of whack, etc.  This one wasn't quite ready to come out of beta just yet, but I'm sure they will get it worked out.

5 minutes ago, fde101 said:

Other similar things have happened with this release that were not entirely expected - people had similar issues with the main toolbar getting out of whack, etc.  This one wasn't quite ready to come out of beta just yet, but I'm sure they will get it worked out.

Yep. I noticed that I now have a Baseline Grid Manager button across the suite, that somehow migrated from Publisher; I can't find a toggle for it anywhere else on the interface, though, which means that if I ever remove it I won't be able to add it back.

Because of some weird bug, now both Photo and Designer offer extra functionality. I'm actually thinking of suggesting that that manager thing is made available by default.

I also had some buttons from the wrong personas in Photo, which just crashed the app. Whoops.