You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.0 Weirdness

I have to add myself to those users experiencing overall slowness after the update. I tried every preference combination without avail. On top of the app being extremely slow, I experienced some weird issues, like layers suddenly turning white, or layer names and thumbnails in the layer palette disappearing completely, leaving just a gray rectangle.  Had to roll back to 1.6.7, which runs very smoothly.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-06-08 um 11.58.03.jpg

I'm having the same problems, more so with large files in designer which crawls along with painfully slow redraw and is very jerky and jittery moving around the document, with few too many beachball moments under 1.7.0 when the same document ran nice and nippy without issue in 1.6

I see you have a nice beast of a machine that I'm guessing ran 1.6 with ease  -  just wondering if they've made "graphic card improvements" to run like a dream with the new cheesgrater mac? whereas, like you, I chose early on this year to invest in the best possible mac for my needs, a 2009 5,1 mac pro similar to yours which just trashed my previous system in every way, but now It feels pretty un-usable

Really hope they are onto this?

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Yeah, it's a fairly old machine, but I upgraded it a bit with a larger Nvidia GPU and hacked it to accept High Sierra. Hopefully none of these mods causes the Affinity problems... I'll look into the new Mac Pro once my budget allows :)

I'm hoping they fix this. My App Store/Update icon will have a red 1 badge TFN, I suppose.  I really was hoping I'd lurk onto a solution here.  Until I find one that seems to work with a wide range of Macs having the 'slows', I'm sticking with 1.6.7.  But now all the tutorials that are coming out are now....not for me. I'll be okay. image.png.5f25d7d0beb4f00ff82bdc75b4b37da2.png

On 6/8/2019 at 1:23 PM, pixeldoggy said:

I'll look into the new Mac Pro once my budget allows

My budget won't allow for prob another 10 years - I've only had my mac pro for 5 months which is a total BEAST (and upgradable!) compared to my old macbook pro which seemed to run 1.6 quite a lot slower than my mac pro, but now my mac pro under 1.7 seems quite a bit slower with large files than my MBP under 1.6 ?????

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk