You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing welcome screen content [ADe Windows 1.7.0]

• Staff

Hi, that's not normally empty. Is your firewall blocking the software from getting the welcome screen images?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Fair point, not sure.

Are you using the Microsoft store release or the Affinity store version?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Competition winners would be given it directly from Serif.

Have you seen images in there before updating to 1.7.0?

If this doesn't get resolved here, I will investigate this on Monday when I am back in the office. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

26 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Competition winners would be given it directly from Serif.

Have you seen images in there before updating to 1.7.0?

If this doesn't get resolved here, I will investigate this on Monday when I am back in the office. 

Yeah I think I had a link and downloaded it from Serif

To be honest when I first installed it there was images there but later I disabled that screen so not sure how long its been blank

Thanks for your help - its not important and the update seems excellent so far just a sucker for freebies :D

• Staff

Ok, I don't remember if this feed is optional, but I will bear that in mind.

In fact if you're still using 1.6.5 that would explain an empty feed. Have you updated to 1.7.0?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

Dear community, is everyone else still seeing the welcome feed images in Affinity Designer for Windows from the Affinity store?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

6 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Dear community, is everyone else still seeing the welcome feed images in Affinity Designer for Windows from the Affinity store?

I have them, Patrick.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Images and links are there. There is like a one second lag before it appears but it's there. Same for Photo.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff
16 minutes ago, johnyoungphotos said:

Should I uninstall and re-install ??

No it won't help

Pleasecan you tell me what version is shown in the 'Help' > 'About' screen.

If it's 1.7.0.380 then I suspect that I know what's going on. If it's 1.7.0.367 then I'm still unclear

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

17 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

No it won't help

Pleasecan you tell me what version is shown in the 'Help' > 'About' screen.

If it's 1.7.0.380 then I suspect that I know what's going on. If it's 1.7.0.367 then I'm still unclear

Its 1.7.0.367

Maybe I need to try the firewall again - or anti-virus ??

Is there a link to the free stuff ?

Capture.JPG.a863ffaa2fe3af83875ab088341df376.JPG

• Staff
2 minutes ago, johnyoungphotos said:

Is there a link to the free stuff ?

No, sorry. The link only works from within the software.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

We can sort this out easily next week for this user, I was just trying to get to the bottom of the problem from home (in case it was generic or common).

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

There’s a set of two dozen templates like this:

22-ICONIC-TVL.png.3d89aa72c88976463eccf90acd047da9.png

As far as I can see, all of the fonts (multiple styles from 41 distinct typefaces) are free fonts which are available from Google Fonts or Font Squirrel.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
56 minutes ago, johnyoungphotos said:

Any news on this please.... 

Still not sure what on your system is blocking the welcome feeds, but I have added the Designer 1.7 free content to your account and you can access it by logging in here

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd