You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The brushes recently developed obnoxious lag. In both Designer 1.2 and Photo Beta, they were fast and fun and now they’re slow and aggravating. I’m using only simple brushes. Don’t see this lag in Photoshop CC 14 or SketchBookPro. Don’t have other apps open simultaneously. I did install Designer Beta in addition recently…

This iMac (8 MB RAM, 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3, ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB)  was recently updated to 10.10.3 but this lag developed some days after that. In Disk Utility, repaired permissions and verified disk, but that had no effect.

What to check, what to do? Re-install? If so, how to remove ancillary files?

Love your apps otherwise - they’re really fun to use.

• Staff

The best thing to try first would be to reset the app(s) back to their defaults. You can do this by holding down the CTRL key when launching the app - When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear.

• Staff

Thanks for getting back to me. I've been unable to replicate your issue using a Wacom Intuos 3 tablet. Do you have the latest Wacom driver installed? You can download the latest version, 6.3.11-3, from here.

if you read my last post, it says I have the latest driver installed.

How do I completely un-install Affinity apps (not just drag the app to the trash - I want to get rid of any and all ancillary files too, so that I can try re-installing completely fresh)? Unless you've got another idea.

• Staff

The reason I was asking if you have the latest 6.3.11-3 driver installed is because another user here had the same issue and updating the driver fixed it. 

You can fully remove Affinity Apps just by dragging them to the trash.

So if I drag the Affinity apps to the trash, and then re-install them, there will be no files remaining that will influence how the newly re-installed apps perform, such as preferences, application support files, etc? 

• Staff

So if I drag the Affinity apps to the trash, and then re-install them, there will be no files remaining that will influence how the newly re-installed apps perform, such as preferences, application support files, etc? 

Yep, dragging the app to your trash will remove all traces of the app.

Re-installing the apps worked to cure the brush lag, at least for now.

Re-installed Designer from the App store and installed the latest update to Photo Beta.

Hope this will be useful information going forward for everyone.