You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Help! My Affinity Photo got updated yesterday without my knowledge. The problem is, that upon using the Nik Collection plugin, Affinity Photo updates fonts for hours blocking any work what so ever in Affinity Photo!!! 

What's going on?

I can kill Affinity Photo in the 'Force Quit' in the Apple Menu, and re-launch it. But the problem reoccurs once I used Nik Collection.

How the heck do I get the darn app to work?

I'm running the latest iteration of Affinity Photo in macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Screenshot 2019-06-07 21.42.19.png

It's a known and often here reported before problem for APh v.1.7 with older NIK collection versions. You would actually have to use an the newer DxO Nik Collection v2 in order to be able to use the NIK Collection now.

Further your screen shot also shows the double snapping icon problem, which means you would have to reset or adjust the top toolbar in order to have the usual looking one which shows up all icon buttons.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

4 hours ago, mikerofoto said:

Reinstall Nik collection and during process make sure you send the plugin to the same folders you already use with AP, the fonts issue was fixed by doing this.

Try that with NIK Col v1.2.11 (Google version) and if you succeed I applause. - Your suggestion works only with the latest DxO v2.0.4 and up versions, thus you should tell people also which version of the tools is supposed to work then at all with APh 1.7 Mac.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2