You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo stopped working along with a maxed out CPU

Found a pretty serious bug when I was working on a large file I had been using for a while. What I did was going to the very beginning of the timeline in the History window, then I jumped back to the latest action very quickly (was checking before and after), which triggered the bug to occur. Down below are the results of the bug, with a maxed out CPU clock speed which is highly unusual for my CPU on any software (my fans were going off like crazy):

As you can see,  when zooming in and out, the two history states are stuck in limbo. I also couldn't close the program and save the file after the bug occurred, and had to resort to using the Windows Task Manager. Very odd.

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @Frozen Death Knight,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Have you saved the files with history? If so, can you please attach it so we can have a look? https://www.dropbox.com/request/QZ06E8mNh6bCyJvw33jr

Thanks,

Gabe

Thanks for the reply and no worries! Luckily I haven't experienced this again since I am doing my best to avoid jumping between history states rapidly like I did to make this happen in the video. Sadly, I don't have the original file where the issue happened (had to start painting all that I had lost from scratch, since I apparently didn't save properly during my session X( ). I also didn't use the save history feature, so my save states are not in the finalized piece.

I am however working on another project right now, so I will save my current progress with save states and see if I can reproduce the issue. If I do, I will send that file over to you.