You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thank you for the arrows, but please improve them

I was very happy to see arrowheads introduced in the 1.7 update, but somewhat disappointed with the execution, in one important respect. Namely, the corners of arrows should be (slightly) rounded, or have the option to be rounded. 

For example, here is an arrowhead created by Designer (left), and one I drew (right). 

arrows.pdf

As proof that sharp arrows are a mistake, please look closely at the icon for the Selection and Node tools in Affinity Designer, both of which are rounded arrows.

Ideally, the solution would be to make an arrowhead a separate object (but somehow attached to a stroke), with their own fill and stroke. Then a sharp arrow would be an arrow with no stroke, and the rounded-ness could be controlled by adjusting stroke (and the color of an arrow could be different than the curve it's attached to---another missing feature at this point). Also, it would be nice to be able to adjust the width of an arrowhead, and arrowheads should (optionally) bend to match the curvature of the stroke they are attached to.

For now, I'll stick to making my own arrows, but I would love to see this fixed in a future release.