You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Fixed] [Beta 1.7.0.367] Sizing Pages-panel/tab incredibly slow

Not sure if this is mentioned before by someone (couldn't find one on the forum):

Using Publisher 1.7.0.376 beta and dragging the Pages-tab is veeeery slow and seems to take a looooot of power for some reason. So there is a huge delay in mouse-movement and the actual sizing of the width of the panel.

Unfortunately the screen-recording isn't very hi-framerate, which normally is the case when recording with OBS here. So it looks like Publisher is really taking some performance away from the rest of the running software (like OBS here) just to scale this panel?

veeeeery slow movement (even seems to hold the screenrecording from recording fluently):

I can not say much about the lag. I don't have this problem.

But for the alignment of the page. It appears you have facing pages checked in document settings.

Primary: Windows 10 Pro 1903 / Intel Core i7-8750H @ 2.20 GHz / 32 GB RAM/ GTX 1050 Ti Max-Q
Secondary: os x mojave / imac 2017
A.Publisher 1.7.2.471
September 2019

1 hour ago, ivbera said:

But for the alignment of the page. It appears you have facing pages checked in document settings.

You're absolutely right, thanks for this. I was confused about the lagging performance during a drag (I never seen on Affinity before) and somehow thought it was influencing the alignment of the pages-layout. I removed that part from the thread above.

9 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Thanks for your help with this bug. We have now resolved the problem and will make the fix available in the next release of Affinity Publisher on your platform.

Nice!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.