You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I started watching the affinity tutorials and in the UI tutorial when the person doing it moves his cursor up a very top line group of actions appears (this is the group of actions that includes filters with a drop-down menu).  This does not happen on my copy of affinity photo and I don't see a way and preferences to make this happen. N o I missing something very basic but without it, I can't use affinity photo thanks.

The video appears to be just the Photo Application window so those "...top line group of actions ..." are probably from the menu bar I haven't seen the new one yet, I shall watch it. Are you running on Mac or Windows?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

6 minutes ago, Cathie said:

Mac.  If you look at this tutorial --https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/tutorials/photo/desktop/video/301190699 you will see that at 32 seconds he clicks on something and a toolbar with File, Edit, Text, Document, Layer etc pops up.  I'm unable to get those options in the Photo Persona.

Those are the menus. This is a silly question but are you using the Photo app for iPad perchance? If yes then you need to ask in https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/43-affinity-on-ipad-questions/ that is for the iPad version which I don't have.

If you are using the Mac application on a desktop/laptop then this little movie will show that you have to wait a bit when you shoot your cursor up to the top of the screen.I usually have the best result if I push the cursor up to the top of the screen and then let go of the mouse, remove my fingers from the trackpad so there are no jiggles happening. I rarely use the full screen facility but a tip is if you hold your Option key down when you click on the third from left button it will change to a 'traditional' zoom/maximize button.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.