You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD 1.7.0 doesn't reopen files from previous session

This behavior worked in the last RC of the beta 1.7 and in the released version of AD 1.7 it seems to be broken, at least on my iMac.

The previous behavior was that I would have 1 or more files open, all of them are saved and I would quit AD. Then reopened AD, in an hour or day or so. The files would be automatically opened and be ready for being worked on. Now when I quit AD 1.7 with files opened (tried it with 4, 3, 2 and a single file opened) and restart AD later, no files are opened. 

I restarted AD with the shift key held down (which I seem to think opens the app in a "clean" state -- default settings all around) and still no joy on opening AD with the files opened from my last session.

the "reopen documents" option in the General tab of the Preferences is ticked.

In other apps, they re-open the docs that were opened from the previous session.

I even deleted the folder com.seriflabs.affinity designer in my Library/Containers folder. And when I restarted AD, it rebuilt those folders and everything in AD was reset to a default state. I then pasted the folders and files from the AD beta into the container/data/library folder and over writing the existing files when there was a conflict. restarted Ad and same issue of non-opening docs.

And now the latest beta of Publisher is now exhibiting the same behavior of not re-opening docs that were opened when the app was last used. This beta worked as expected prior to the download and installation of AD and AP 1.7; which is why I'm posting it here rather than in the beta as it seems that the released versions install coincided exactly with the reopening docs issue.

I'm going to reboot my mac and do some maintenance on it and see if the issue is taken care of. If I don't amend this OP, then rebooting and such did nothing to solve this own my end.

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

I can confirm I'm experiencing the same issue on AD, AP and APub Beta, the "reopen documents" option in the General tab of the Preferences is ticked but no saved documents open when relaunching any of the apps.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Same as Hangman and CartoonMike here.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Sorry for this regression.

Thanks, we have replicated the problem and I understand this will be fixed in any future Mac betas and release builds.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Just installed Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.384 (RC1) and it will reopen with the same documents that were left opened in the previous session. So it's fixed there, still not working in Designer or Photo, though. 

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

4 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Thanks, we have replicated the problem and I understand this will be fixed in any future Mac betas and release builds.

Just to be clear, this issue wasn't in the last Release Canidates of the Designer and Photo betas, it was introduced in the actual release of 1.7. So please understand that, in my mind, fixing it in the betas won't be important until the actual released point version is released and doesn't have the issue. But I have faith in the devs, in any case.

---

On 6/11/2019 at 6:14 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Sorry for this regression.

Thank you, I’m relieved to hear that this issue has been recognized and replicated; I was just about to report it. A little hesitant to jump on betas, I’d rather await the next release. Best regards...!