You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

change format of text frame on a single page following master text frame

1 hour ago, BNaegeli said:

What can I do make it working?? 

If you mean individual pages in the book (example Page 31) then you can just use the Page 31 Layers and Right Click on the Master Page Layer and choose Edit Detached from the pop-up menu.

1920304329_ScreenShot2019-06-07at11_14_58AM.png.82dba58305bca276e8a3e3cb561fdf93.png

This will allow you to change that one frame on that one page. Make it wider or narrower what ever you want.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Old Bruce suggested that you right-click on the Master Page layer. You didn't do that; you right-clicked on the Text Frame layer.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 6/7/2019 at 9:38 PM, walt.farrell said:

Old Bruce suggested that you right-click on the Master Page layer. You didn't do that; you right-clicked on the Text Frame layer.

... but I still get no opinion to choose Edit Detached ;-(.  I tried for hours all possibilities I could find. No access to that ..

Try this then using the Move tool click on the Master layer on the Layers Studio for the page you want to work then go to the top left of the window.

120186400_ScreenShot2019-06-08at4_32_45PM.thumb.png.e6875f5a8318665df953893e693f2a77.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I just experimented with this, using the latest beta publisher version.

3 page document, with page numbers added on master page.

Selected page 2 in pages tab, then in layers tab right clicked the master layer ( the one with the orange indicator), selected "edit detached". This added an orange bar across top of canvas window, stating I was in a mode of editing detached from master A. Removed the page no from page 2. Clicked finish on the orange editing mode bar and now  that page has no page number but all others do.

Hope this helps some.

For long books and floating text, I don't really recommend putting the main text frame on the master page, just create it independently on let's page 1, then autoflow the text. Then you can change it independently for parts and chapters openers.

6 hours ago, toutou123 said:

For long books and floating text, I don't really recommend putting the main text frame on the master page, just create it independently on let's page 1, then autoflow the text. Then you can change it independently for parts and chapters openers.

This will result in a lot more work if you ever need to reformat the book for a different page size.

11 minutes ago, fde101 said:

This will result in a lot more work if you ever need to reformat the book for a different page size.

Just delete all of the pages except page 1, resize the text frame on page 1, then autoflow it again. It'll produce new pages that has the same new frame text size.

40 minutes ago, toutou123 said:

Just delete all of the pages except page 1, resize the text frame on page 1, then autoflow it again. It'll produce new pages that has the same new frame text size.

This assumes that all of your content is within the text frames.  If you have images or other elements off to the sides then this would cause you to lose content that you would need to insert all over again.

12 hours ago, fde101 said:

This assumes that all of your content is within the text frames.  If you have images or other elements off to the sides then this would cause you to lose content that you would need to insert all over again.

Yes, this will work fine with text only and even with text+inline images, and because they are the most common type, it'll work most of the times..

As for images heavy books like cooking books that are pinned all over the place, you should probably use text frames and IMAGE FRAMES ON MASTER, then resize text frames, image frames, and paragrah/text styles. You should also use different sections/pages as much as possible, as autoflow can disrupt everything.

You should also put in mind that risizing a book to a different aspect ratio, is never an easy task.