You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New Batch Job: Problem selecting output folder (Photo for iPad v1.7.0.135)

GEAR: Affinity Photo for iPad v1.7.0.135 on an iPad Pro 9.7" using iOS 12.3.1

ISSUE: While trying to use "New Batch Job" I selected a batch of raw files stored in a cloud-based folder. I made my choices about the conversion format and dimensions, as well as other JPEG options such as Quality/compression, ICC Profile, etc. And then I tap "OK" to convert from raw to JPEG.

The batch job looks like it runs; however, the batch conversion to JPEG doesn't get saved. The selected output folder is empty. (Doesn't matter whether the output folder is on Dropbox or OneDrive.) 

Can anyone confirm the above?

I found out something interesting: 

As most of us know, some apps such as Affinity Photo, Acrobat, Lumafusion, etc. create their own folder structure local to the iPad. Curiously, I’m able to export to local folders on the iPad. However, I cannot export to any true cloud drive such as Dropbox, OneDrive, or my iCloud Drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Reiterating my request that the "New Batch Job" receive a bit of love so that it will save to cloud storage such as Dropbox, OneDrive, and Google Drive.

(NOTE: There doesn't seem to be any issue with saving batches to iCloud Drive.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lol, I’m starting to think affinity only want us iPad users to use 'Apple’ cloud services. 9_9 

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, Ulysses said:

Nope. I’ll be one happy camper once this one is resolved. Seems like it ought to be a fairly essential one, particularly on a mobile device that relies upon cloud storage. o.O

Got a bunch of RAW’s I want to process to jpeg’s but it’s soooo much work if I have to do it one at a time.

Developers, fix it asap! 

Ulysses has been asking this for months and still nothing, that’s bad costumer service imo...

1 minute ago, MickeyB said:

Got a bunch of RAW’s I want to process to jpeg’s but it’s soooo much work if I have to do it one at a time.

Developers, fix it asap! 

Ulysses has been asking this for months and still nothing, that’s bad costumer service imo...

My hope is that they’re coming up with a more comprehensive solution than might be guessed. 

For example, although I greatly desire the New Batch Job to function properly with other cloud storage besides iCloud, even if they fixed it there would still be a basic problem. When adjusting raw photos in Affinity Photo, there is no means to store or save your adjustment settings. Affinity Photo does not currently make use of XMP sidecar files, nor does it have any sort of library/catalog of adjustments you make to your files. This renders the New Batch Job function slightly less capable, even if cloud storage was functioning properly. 

So in the BIGGER PICTURE of things, what I wish is that the developers work on both sides of this problem. Maybe that’s where they’re headed. No pressure, Affinity Developers. :4_joy:

• 3 weeks later...

Well... I suppose this is pretty much as official an acknowledgement as we are likely to get. When selecting an output folder, you are given the message that "Access will be granted to iCloud Drive" with all other cloud storage options being grayed out and inaccessible to Affinity Photo for iPad. :57_cry:

I still can’t help but wonder WHY we cannot have our choice of cloud storage. I remain hopeful that Serif has a larger goal in store, such as I described in a previous post. 

9E95710C-1729-4216-8C8B-C4F05510F504.png