You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

affinity photo 1.7.0 not accepting product key

I am a happy Affinity Photo user and own a paid 1.6.7 license. Have tied 3 times to download the new 1.7 release and every time get the same error message attached below (stating my e-mail or product key is wrong).

What am I doing wrong. I am logging into store.serif.com as an exciting customer, go to get my download link and download the dmg file. When I start affinity 1.7 I enter the same e-mail and the download number By hand, paste have tried it all) but it gives me the error message.

Please help since I am very eager to use 1.7 

iMAC 27 late 2015 , macOS 10.14.4, Affinity Photo Desktop 1.7

thank you!

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 9.19.30 AM.jpg

Thx Leigh for getting back too me, will be away intil Wednesday and get back to you by then. With PM you mean private message Isuppose, can you kindly tell me how to do that in this forum? 

Cheers

If I want to send you a PM I click on your name and get sent to your profile page, then I can click on the Message button and send you a message. So click on Leigh's name (or picture) and send him a message.

1371740259_ScreenShot2019-06-08at8_16_44AM.thumb.png.765d373167aba7eabe23f38fe959234d.png

the message will not show up here in the forums.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

1.6.7 is a Mac app store release number. You do not download the update from Serif (that's for people who bought directly and have a product key from the Affinity Store). Mac app store owners find their free updates automatically in the Mac app store "updates page" (hint press CMD+R to refresh)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hello All,

I too had the situation that it would not accept the product key for Photo. I wondered if this was a result of an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I do have Photo on another machine and tried to check that I had the correct key. However, I cannot find where the key is kept. Where can I check the product key on my working copy of Photo?

Thanks,

Robin