You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PC processor overload when using multiple filters

Hello !
when I use multiple live filters, affinity photo uses the full capacity of the processors and never gives the result when exporting.
I attach a video.
When I remove live filters affinity exports quickly
Question: Is it forbidden to use several live filters on a layer?

Examples:
1) with existing live filter layers: can not export. To merge 2 visible layers with more than one layer of live filters, it takes at least 7 minutes.
2) without the live filter layers, the export is done in less than 1 minute for 2 layers

bonjour !
lorsque j'utilise plusieurs filtres en direct, affinity photo utilise toute la capacité des processeurs et ne donne jamais le résultat lors de l'exportation.
Je joints une vidéo.
Lorsque je supprime les filtres en direct affinity exporte rapidement
Question : est-il interdit d'utiliser plusieurs filtre en direct sur un calque ?
Exemples :
1) avec les calques de filtres en direct existant : impossible d'exporter. Pour fusionner 2 calques visibles avec plusieurs calques de filtres en direct, il faut au moins 7 minutes.
2 ) sans les calques de filtres en direct, l'exportation se fait en moins de 1 minute pour 2 calques

saturation_processeur_affinity_photo_07-06-2019.fbr

This is to be expected if the file is large. Meaning pixel dimensions and Bit Depth, 16 bits per channel vs 8 bits. How complex the live filters are will also play into it. Seven minutes seems excessive but I can't comment on just how excessive without knowing about the file size and what filters are being used with what sort of blending modes as well.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I created an "HDR fusion" file with 3 RAW files of 24 Mpix.
I applied 5 layers of live filters "eliminate the bangs" to correct chromatic aberrations on a layer + "clarity" + "high pass".
The .AF file is 550 MB.

J'ai créé un fichier "fusion HDR" avec 3 fichiers RAW de 24 Mpix.
j'ai appliqué 5 calques de filtres en direct  "éliminer la frange " pour corriger les abbérations chromatiques sur un calque + "clarté" + "passe haut".
Le fichier .AF est 550 Mo.

Yes I think seven minutes is excessive. I don't have a set of files to do an HDR from 24 Mega pixels. What I do have is 15 M Pixels and so the file is not as large but I get under a minute to export a TIFF file 16 bit.

I cannot view the video you attached, I am on Mac and don't have the requisite software to view it.

One thing occurs to me, when is the last time you restarted your computer? Often that helps me on the Mac when things get slow. It clears all the swap files out which can be a source of slowness.

DeepL translation...

Oui, je pense que sept minutes, c'est excessif. Je n'ai pas un ensemble de fichiers pour faire un HDR à partir de 24 Mega pixels. Ce que j'ai, c'est 15 M de pixels et donc le fichier n'est pas aussi gros mais j'ai moins d'une minute pour exporter un fichier TIFF 16 bits.

Je ne peux pas visionner la vidéo que vous avez jointe, je suis sur Mac et je n'ai pas le logiciel nécessaire pour la visionner.

Une chose me vient à l'esprit : quand avez-vous redémarré votre ordinateur pour la dernière fois ? Souvent, cela m'aide sur Mac quand les choses deviennent lentes. Il efface tous les fichiers d'échange qui peuvent être une source de lenteur.

Traduit avec www.DeepL.com/Translator

Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

Hi !

when I have this problem, I systematically force the software to stop with the windows task manager. then, I stop the computer by the normal procedure. I turn the computer on again.
On the same file, the effect persists. On a new file, if I don't use more than 2 filter layers live the export is done in less than a minute.
With another software I don't have the problem (photoshop CS3) (deepl traducteur)

lorsque j'ai ce problème, systématiquement je force l'arrêt du logiciel avec le gestionnaire de tâches windows. puis, j'arrête l'ordinateur par la procédure normale. je mets à nouveau sous tension l'ordinateur.
Sur le même fichier, l'effet persiste. Sur un nouveau fichier, si je n'utilise pas plus de 2 calques de filtres en direct l'export se fait en moins d'une minute.
Avec un autre logiciel je n'ai pas le soucis (photoshop CS3)

I come back to you with more information. Maybe the analysis of my file will help to find the cause of the 100% saturation of the I7 processor

I am sending you an .afphoto file that overloads the Intel Core i7 processor i7 cpu 860 2.8 GHz / 16 GB RAM memory. I use Windows 7 home premium 64-bit SP1 (translated with deepl)

NB :On several other files the export to JPG is 1mn 20 to 2 mn

Je reviens vers vous pour vous communiquer d'autres informations. Peut-être que l'analyse de mon fichier pourra aider à trouver la cause de la saturation à 100% du processeur I7

je vous transmets un fichier .afphoto  qui sature le processeur Intel Core i7 cpu 860 2.8 GHz / mémoire 16 GB RAM. J'utilise Windows 7 home premium 64-bit SP1.

NB :Sur plusieurs fichiers autres l'export en JPG est 1mn 20 à 2 mn

boschaud_20190429_101_AF_4T.afphoto

I think that some how the file became corrupted. I am running the new version of photo 1.7.0 so it should be capable of opening your file but I cannot open it.. I get the "The file type is not supported"

65554223_ScreenShot2019-06-08at4_15_50PM.thumb.png.254838f491c9792d08fdcc49f57ae4c1.png