You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Audio & Video Editor Question (split)

Hi dear directors I would like to ask since now we're gonna have 3 softwares after the soon release of publisher I would like to know (Well there be another software after publisher which is for Audio and Video editing and making ? ) that would be awesome XD  I HOPE THERE WELL BE .

THANKS.

• Staff
19 minutes ago, RedWorldGuy said:

Will there be another software after publisher which is for Audio and Video editing and making ?

Not a director, but not as far as I have heard

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

7 hours ago, RedWorldGuy said:

Hi dear directors I would like to ask since now we're gonna have 3 softwares after the soon release of publisher I would like to know (Well there be another software after publisher which is for Audio and Video editing and making ? ) that would be awesome XD  I HOPE THERE WELL BE .

THANKS.

video-editing/color correction/video-effects
For video editing: Take a look at Davinci Resolve. They have a free version which is pretty awesome, including video editing/exporting, color correcting, audiomixing under that video and effects. And it has a pretty great dual monitor support too and is darkmode and has a great GUI. So there is also a complete video effects system on board, but you could also download it seperately (for free) under the name Fusion.

resolve.jpg.d89ae5e88a67e3532a996460e2ce83c2.jpg

audio editing
If you like to edit stereo audiofiles (so no multitrack), just look at Soundforge Studio (the entry version), it's only 60 euros and is an expert in sound editing on single files and has great keyboard shortcuts if you like to work fast. It's around for a long time now, used to be by Sonic Foundry, than taken over by Sony and now it's by Magix (uh.. that name.. ahum, but still Soundforge is Soundforge :)).

1548848702soundforge_pro_audio_13_2.thumb.jpg.82ce5ae41e34ac5b5d2631b391fc9aad.jpg

Or Steinberg Wavelab, just to name two. Or if you don't like to pay anything for it: Audacity is free. I am personally no fan of their interface and the install isn't always that great and I'm missing some features, but for free software it does a lot as an audio (no multi-track) editor.

For professional grade tools:

Davinci Resolve: it's a full featured video editor and have great color grading and audio mixing, the down sides are that you'll need a powerful PC and Fusion is not suitable for motion graphics.

Hitfilm Express: good video editor (davinci resolve shill better), has good motion graphics tools, but lacks a lot in terms of audio mixing.

For audio, the best is Cakewalk by bundlab, it's a fully featured audio editor that supports video, you'll have all the tools you need.

Lot of those audio editors are PC only. But of course there a lot of capable audio editors available for mac too. Personally though I feel there should be always be an option to have multitrack. Possibly audio engineers feel multitrackers and audio editors should be separate apps always.... for some reason. I started doing sound with Macromedia SoundEdit and very soon found that having multiple tracks made sound design so much easier.