Posted (edited)

Or WhatYouSeeIsNotWhatYouGetPrinted ... Normally on an empty picture frame there is a cross to show that there is an empty picture frame. When in Preview Mode the cross vanishes, but in Print Preview and printed the cross is there. Exporting as PDF the cross vanishes. See attached image.

Edit: HP LaserJet 750 with PCL v6.0.0

picture-frame-cross.jpg

Edited by Joachim_L
Added information

Hi @Joachim_L,

Printing the frame with an X is actually expected. I'm surprised the other 2 (Preview and PDF) do not show it. I've logged it with our developers for further clarification. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

If you make a template and send it for review, you would like to know where picture frames might be. Otherwise, you won't see an accurate representation of what's going on. :)

If I would send a template I would have the picture frame filled for better visuals. But I can live with the expected/intended cross inside empty picture frames, I am going to print from PDF until this bug is fixed. ;)

I've just had a confirmation from our developers and the cross should never output to print, print preview, or any kind of export. So yes, it is indeed broken. Sorry for the confusion. 

I'm printing directly from Publisher to the printer, and the cross marks are showing up in print. They do not show up in preview or in the PDF exports. So I either change my master or I export to PDF prior to printing each time. Hope this is fixed real soon. 

How are you placing the image into the picture frame. It is possible you're doing it some way that Publisher doesn't expect, especially if you're moving layers around manually via the Layers panel.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

This should be fixed in the latest beta, are you still getting it @tcuucs? If so might be worth attaching the file here

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com