You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Fixed] [1.7.0.376] Latest Update Problems

Since the last update, I now have a few problems.
1 - I am working on several files at a time, which were previously neatly returned to the tabs after shutting down and restarting, so I could continue right away. Now, however, NO files are being loaded automatically and I have to search and load them again. Annoying, because sometimes I work with 10-13 files that I now have to look up again  to open them. I had no problems before. MIN POINT
2 - When I export a file in a different format with a slightly changed name, often as a jpg, then close it and then want to open it again in that new format, I don't see that file among the files. But I see that file in Finder. I have tried everything but nothing works. How is this possible? This was also no problem for the latest update. MIN POINT

***** But now the solutions please.

1 - make sure in application Preferences > General the option "Reopen ..." is checked.

2 - the menu "Open Recent" does not know about your exports, it only gets info about files which have been opened in AfPub before already. This is as far I know a feature not of AfPub but of your OS and works like that in all applications on your computer.

3 - why large title type? / what is min point?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

1 - Just to be sure .... this is about Affinity Photo and Affinity Publisher. With both is "Reopen ..." checked in Preferences > General

2 - I did not mean "open recently" but "export" in a different format, usually jpg, with the same or slightly changed file name. I cannot find this exported file via "file" - "open" in the folder where I saved that file. However, when I do this through Finder, I see that file. Strange and very annoying. This worked great for the latest update.

3 - Large letter = attention please; min point = minus / bad point

Hi Gabe,
After the last update, I obviously immediately tried this. The box with 'reopen document (s) at startup' is checked. But unfortunately ..... none of the 7 files I am currently working with was reopened. The screen remained nasty black. So problem is not solved yet.

Hi,
I have checked 'Close windows when quitting an app' in my Mac System Preferences> General. This is not checked. I then turned this box on and off a few times and restarted. But unfortunately that doesn't matter. I keep looking at a black screen without my documents. The programs themselves are automatically loaded and opened but the documents are not. This applies to Designer, Photo and Publisher. And up to that penultimate update, I never had any problems with that. I don't understand this.
Paul

• Staff
On 6/7/2019 at 12:51 PM, Pascho said:

Large letter = attention please;

New threads make support tickets.Tickets are dealt with in a priority order. Posting in ALL CAPS does not influence the order these tickets are responded to,. We are currently very busy and apologise for delays in replying to any thread.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hello GabrielM,
Fortunately, thanks to the latest update of Affinity Photo today (1.7.1), my problem with not automatically reopening the latest edited documents has been solved. I work day in day out with Photo and Publisher and I really appreciate them both. So my day is completely fine again. Thank you for thinking along.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.