You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 10 months later...
On 6/7/2019 at 6:51 AM, timelessmoments said:

Hi,

Logitech CRAFT keyboard is branded as the ULTIMATE creativity keyboard.
Supports Adobe and MS Office Suite.

A row where you should be part of / a great 'we-are-as-good-as-Adobe-branding' opportunity no?

+1 

agreed. it is a super keyboard ( i have one) and we really need support for Affinity  software. need to keep up.

On 6/7/2019 at 6:51 AM, timelessmoments said:

Hi,

Logitech CRAFT keyboard is branded as the ULTIMATE creativity keyboard.
Supports Adobe and MS Office Suite.

A row where you should be part of / a great 'we-are-as-good-as-Adobe-branding' opportunity no?

+1 

I would not recommend Affinity start making claims that they are on the same level as Adobe at this moment. They make good software but it is not an Adobe CC replacement yet for pro work. 

Would it not be up to Logitech to make their keyboard work with Affinity? Or do they let Adobe and MS and others code or do whatever is needed to have their software supported by the Logitech CRAFT keyboard?

I have never heard of this keyboard before, I like the look of it and the keys look like they are nice for typing. Personally don't think I would need that dial, but price point is the same as Apple's wireless keyboard and if it ever dies might look at giving that a try.

The Logitech CRAFT keyboard is build quality wise a good one (as is the newer Logitech MS Keys without a rotary knob), for a keyboard which uses keys with rubberdome switches in a low profile style (more quite typing in contrast to most mechanical switches). For It's crown rotary knob (similar in usability to a MS surface dial which also comes along with a SDK/API) there is a programming SDK available, which would offer to add individual support for it. However, I believe the default by the CRAFT's crown acomplished software support for some of the Adobe line apps has probably been build by Logitech and thus not by Adobe.

It's generally always also the question how many people do use some specific hardware (Logitech CRAFT, MS Surface DIAL, ... etc.) and so to weigh up whether the support efforts are worthwhile or not here in such cases.

And on the other side there are also things like place on top customization foils and keyboards (for keyboards see instead Logickyboard). So things which would offer to make some custom Affinity keyboard or some put on top foils for Affinity apps then.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2