You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Paste Inside Centred

This question seems to have been raised before but I didn't see any real viable solutions other than drag manually using the snapping options.

I have a particular process which I end up repeating hundreds of times a day, it involves copying a layer from Affinity Photo and pasting it inside a layer within Affinity Designer. The layer being copied from AP is larger than the overall page size of the AD document now that pasting resolution is correctly respected in v 1.7.

Because the pasted layer is always pasted top left in the AD document this means I have to manually move the pasted layer so it is centred within my AD layer and then scale to fit. It would be great if there was an option to 'Paste Inside Centred', so the pasted layer is automatically centred horizontally and vertically within the AD layer so you don't have to manually drag to snap points to centre it.

It's not so much of an issue if you are only doing this once or twice but when you are having to do this hundred's of times a day it makes the process very laborious, any chance of adding this option to a future update if I add as a feature request.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1.2344
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.6.8, Magic Mouse

• Staff
3 hours ago, Hangman said:

It's not so much of an issue if you are only doing this once or twice but when you are having to do this hundred's of times a day it makes the process very laborious, any chance of adding this option to a future update if I add as a feature request.

I can get this moved over to Feature Requests and it will be seen by the Dev team.  I can't say what the chances of this being added are but Feature Requests is the place for this post really :) 

Thanks Stokerg, if you are able to move to feature requests that would be perfect. I didn't post it there initially just in case someone came back and said, this can already be done and I'd just not figured out how to do it :-)

Affinity Designer 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1.2344

Hi stokerg,

That's perfect, thank you... :)