You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Help please [moving a placed picture]

Hi I’m new to affinity photo I’m just wonding if any one can help when I’m making say a cover photo etc  when dragging a picture on top of a picture I can’t  seem to move it so I can put it in the right place this is just my let down as I was using photoshop before this but if someone can help me that would be great thank you 

You might have the Hand Tool (H) selected, press V to select the Move Tool and then try moving the image. 

Screen-Shot-2019-06-07-at-08-08-40.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

On 6/7/2019 at 5:29 AM, Danny1 said:

Hi is they a way I can erase with pixels I know I can paint with pixels but would be nice if can erase with pixels make thinks look better thanks 

Depending on what you're trying to accomplish: Almost certainly! An example of what you're trying to do would lead to better answers. :)

In case you're not aware, there is a world of help available for lucky AP users like us, both here in the various forums, on YouTube and scattered across the 'Net.

The Affinity team has provided hundreds of videos covering almost every aspect of AP (...minutes later...) just went to get you a link - I'm blown away by the number that have been updated since the 1.7 release. Here's a link to the home page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQZN-kIrZUQyoTnexM3jJAw/featured

I'd highly recommend you watch a few of the basic videos, leftmost on the top line of the Official Videos section before getting too deep into AP. They're short and introduce you to knowledge essential for joyous editing :).

Many generous authors have YouTube channels or websites with free content for AP lovers as well. And the community here is truly among the most helpful I've had the pleasure relying on over the last few months as I get into AP as a budding hobbyist with artistic intent.

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub