Hi, I have the Mac desktop edition, working on 1.7. I noticed when I was saving an Affinity edited photo (not exporting to jpeg) that I could tag it, either by colour or word. Can I search for this afterwards and if so, how do I do it?

Thanks, Suzy

We can search for tags (plus document type and date ranges etc) in the Finder, don't think you can search in Affinity apps.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.2 | Affinity Photo 1.7.2 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.2 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.2.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.151 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.2.458

You can use the Tags section in the Sidebar in Open dialogs to filter the items shown to just those with a particular tag. This works in Affinity or any other app that uses the standard Mac OS Open routines.

If you don't see a Tags section, scroll the Sidebar all the way down. If all you see is the word "Tags," hover the pointer over the area just to the right of that word until "Show" appears there & click on it.

Finder preferences > Tags controls which tags appear there by default, but you can always use the "All tags..." one to show every tag as a list.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1