You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Disable auto selection of layers

Hi there,

i realy enjoy your product all in all, but could you please give us the ability to disable auto selection of layers by clicking on the canvas?

Especially when you're working with lots of - often very tiny - layers and groups, this is more than annoying.

For example adding lots of text layers in a specific group is tedious as hell.

I often exited the program not because i finished my work, but because it was no fun at all because of this issue.

Thanks alot and keep up the good work,

Sophie

That would be nice. It would also be nice if this also worked by alt clicking the thumbnail to solo the selected layer/group by hiding the rest. Right now it only hides the other layers, but it would be more useful if you could work on that layer only and all the tools took that into account. For instance, using the colour picker while soloing a layer will still pick up colours globally, despite the other layers being hidden on the canvas. Would be an elegant solution if it was a fully functional solo mode, and would also solve the above issue of selecting other layers automatically by accident.