You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why can't I edit my forum profile!?

• Staff

@AffinityFan2k19

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Newly joined members are restricted from a few forum features . Once you have been a member for a short time and made a few posts this setting changes automatically to put you into a forum group with permission to modify your profile and edit your posts.

I changed this setting 5 months ago as we were getting spammers joining and setting SEO links in their profiles and editing initially innocuous posts to add spam links for SEO reasons. Since making this change the spam on the forums has dropped dramatically, but there is brief inconvenience to new genuine users such as you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 6 months later...
On 6/7/2019 at 4:10 PM, Patrick Connor said:

@AffinityFan2k19

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Newly joined members are restricted from a few forum features . Once you have been a member for a short time and made a few posts this setting changes automatically to put you into a forum group with permission to modify your profile and edit your posts.

I changed this setting 5 months ago as we were getting spammers joining and setting SEO links in their profiles and editing initially innocuous posts to add spam links for SEO reasons. Since making this change the spam on the forums has dropped dramatically, but there is brief inconvenience to new genuine users such as you.

I can’t change my profile stuff either. Do I need to actually create new posts or is it enough to reply to them?

1 hour ago, WesleyRiot said:

I can’t change my profile stuff either. Do I need to actually create new posts or is it enough to reply to them?

As far as I’m aware, it’s only your post count that matters: you shouldn’t have to create new threads. Post another reply here (bringing your post count up to five) and then try again.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Post count (3 posts) plus 3 or possibly 4 days (cannot remember which)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon