You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.7.0 - NIK Collection - Fonts are updated...

As soon as I call the NIK plugins, the fonts are updated and Affinity Photo 1.7 needs to be quit without any way to save the former work. 

Any ideas?

1420905045_Bildschirmfoto2019-06-06um20_47_17.png.bbd6d79c5c207e7f65a16a5b9f3bd791.png

Find me on YouTube | Mensch Mesch | MeWe | Twitter | Pinterest

iMac27 5k 32 GB, MacBook Pro M1 | macOS 12.1 | iPad Pro2 | iOS 15.2

Affinity Designer 1.10.5 [macOS & iOS] | Affinity Photo 1.10.5 [macOS & iOS] | Affinity Publisher 1.10.5

Make sure you have updated to the current version of the plugins that DxO has released.  There were changes in 1.7 due to updated development tools from Apple that require some plugins to be updated in order to work, and there are many others having problems with the NIK collection plugins.

DxO released an updated version to make them compatible, but there is one plugin that is still not working for most users - the others are reportedly fixed.

• Staff

Hi Mensch Mesch, DavieC,
DxO has launched the new Nik Collection 2 a couple days ago. It runs fine with Affinity Photo 1.7 with the exception of HDR Efex Pro 2. There's also a known issue (colour shift) in Viveza 2 preview window - usually zooming in displays the correct colours/correct the shift. Note this is a new Nik Collection version and as such is a paid upgrade. If you have Nik Collection 1 they are offering a discount up to the end on this month (June).

Hi MEB,

Thanks for that. If need be then I will pay to keep my workflow. However, I need some clarification.

I tried downloading Nik Collection from DxO as a trial. They work within DxO but not within Affinity. I've added the folder to the plug in option but none show up and the Authorise Global is greyed out. I have restarted Affinity, and I have rebooted my MBP.

Is this due to it being a trial version, or am I doing something wrong?

If it is due to being a trial version then is the discounted price the $99 on their webpage?

Edit:- A successful roll back to 1.6.7 is my solution until things settle down. I did however find out that I don't like and can't be bothered to learn a DxO workflow.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2019-06-07 at 19.42.52.png

3 hours ago, DavieC said:

then is the discounted price the $99 on their webpage

If you already purchased version 1 from DxO then there is a lower upgrade price you can access after logging into the store site - if not, then $99 is the discounted price for a new purchase.

I have the same issue.  The brand new AF 1.7 hangs when trying to use the older free version of Nik plug-in filters, specifically Color Efex 4. A one line alert box came up " Updating Fonts" with the spinning sprocket.  It persisted.  No other apps affected, just AF

I had to go deep into the MacOS utility  Activity Monitor and select Affinity as a process, then Force Quit the AF app using an Activity Monitor  menu command called " Send signal to process" .  That process showed as  HUNG (sigh ) or somesuch.  The standard Quit Process command did not work...had to look for another means and found that command under Activity Monitor's VIEW" menu

I use my NIK plug-ins a lot, and they were working just fine in AF 1.6.7 before I updated.

-----

Serious bug for me

I'm not sure what version of the Nik plugins I have (I did pay for them before they were released free) but I'm getting the "fonts updating" bug too. I don't want to pay for a new batch of plugins when they work fine in AF 1.6.7, so I'm going back there.

• Staff
On 6/7/2019 at 7:43 PM, DavieC said:

Hi MEB,

Thanks for that. If need be then I will pay to keep my workflow. However, I need some clarification.

I tried downloading Nik Collection from DxO as a trial. They work within DxO but not within Affinity. I've added the folder to the plug in option but none show up and the Authorise Global is greyed out. I have restarted Affinity, and I have rebooted my MBP.

Is this due to it being a trial version, or am I doing something wrong?

If it is due to being a trial version then is the discounted price the $99 on their webpage?

Edit:- A successful roll back to 1.6.7 is my solution until things settle down. I did however find out that I don't like and can't be bothered to learn a DxO workflow.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2019-06-07 at 19.42.52.png

Hi DavieC,
The plugins are not being detected because you are pointing Affinity Photo (in Plugin Search Folders in your screenshot) to the folder where the standalone Nik Collection applications are installed (not to the plugin files which is what you need to do).

To install them correctly follow the instructions on this video. Pay attention to the section that starts at 0:40s where James click the "+" button to add a custom folder to where install the plugin files. This folder must be created manually by you. James has created it on his desktop and called it Plugins but I advise you to create the folder inside the Applications folder on your Mac and call it Photoshop Plugins (or whatever you see fit). Then, when you click the "+" button (as in the 0:40s in the video) point it to that folder you just created and continue following the rest of the instructions in the video. The Nik installer will create a new folder named DxO inside the folder you created - this is where are located the plugin files - and its the folder you have to browse to/add to the Plugin Search Folder section in Affinity Photo Photoshop Plugins Preferences.

Nope. Viveza 2 still crashes Affinity, and I was already at the latest versions of everything.

MBP, 15", 2017, 10.14.5, 2.9Ghz i7, 16Gb memory, Radeon Pro 560 4Gb.

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       EXC_I386_GPFLT
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [2811]

• 2 weeks later...

Davie - Did you manage to fix this? - I had a go at Viveza 2 and it works.   (Workflow is through Photos -Edit, Extensions Affinity Photo - plugins - NIK)

Its all good except for HDR .. Also I would love to have Luminar (flex/2018) working as a final touch..  No go yet:(

Steps:

Removed everything  Nik related I could find via Terminal  (feks 

find . / -name "*.plugin",  find . / -name "*.efex",  find . / -name "*NIK"

Reinstalled to a new location

"initialized" the Nik apps by starting  them standalone and  opening an image 

Configured Affinty Photo as shown attached.. Interesting to note that Vivesa and Silver Efex status is unknown  - But they do work..

Versions

Nik 5.0.2

Mac

Affinity 1.7.1

152824893_Screenshot2019-06-27at14_08_14.thumb.png.83c32a196a951eac89ad1ec8645ce819.png

2 hours ago, pondfish said:

What is the solution? Can you share please?

Quite simple. Version 1.7.0 didn't work with the Google NIK plugins. Version 1.7.1 works just like 1.6.7 did.

I just updated Affinity and used my original Google NIK plugins. I have deleted the DxO NIK trial versions. All back to normal, for me.

• Staff

Hi DavieC,
Sorry for the delay getting back to you. Regarding your issue above about Viveza 2 - I'm assuming you are referring to the Nick Collection 2 version by DxO (to the trial specifically). Is that correct? I'm not having issues here with Viveza 2 (screenshot below). When does it crash for you? Immediately at launch, when you saved the changes in the plugin?

Viveza 2.jpg