You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crop Tool Problem! No snap to edges and center by default anymore!

Hi,

To see the issue take a huge image and select ratio 4:3 from the presets.

Tried the crop tool and noticed that all presets are displaying the to be cropped area much larger then the image your working on. This implicates that you have to adjust the crop for every single image, with scroll up and scroll down.

The previous version used to display the to be cropped area in the center and at the maximum size in height of the image. Is this a error or is there some setting I missed?

Regards & Thanks,

David

Looks like it's assuming longest edges marry up. On a side note, can you use Shift (⇧) + O to cycle orientation?

I know 'O' cycles the overlays but I also found that Command (⌘) + O cycles through the overlays but doesn't display them until you release the Command (⌘) key. O.o 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

5 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Looks like it's assuming longest edges marry up. On a side note, can you use Shift (⇧) + O to cycle orientation?

I know 'O' cycles the overlays but I also found that Command (⌘) + O cycles through the overlays but doesn't display them until you release the Command (⌘) key. O.o 

The point isn’t to get a rotation, but why by default it doesn’t snap to edges (long not short) so you don’t have to zoom out to reach the crop corner.

• 1 year later...