You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Not drawing in real time

Since the last update. I can't draw in real time. Neither draw nor delete. I use the Apple pencil, but the delay is considerable. That's when he wants to draw or delete and not hang the program. We need an update soon, it's our working tool. 

All the time you see in the video that's happening is, we re using the Apple pencil on the screen, with brush or eraser. And then when he paints it makes him suddenly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi 2isone,

Looking at the video that is the old 1.6 iPad Version. Would you be able to ensure you've got the latest version from the App Store. Could you retry it in that please? If it is still an issue, can you reproduce it in a brand new empty document? If so could you do a screen recording (with Show Touches enabled) demonstrating the issue from new document creation?

Thanks,

@Sean P  hi Sean, I'm seeing the same behaviour in 1.7.1 rel. create new document 8000x8000 px. Open and select Pixel Persona. Select at random ink pen and brush tool. Tap and paint. Pen moves over screen and line appears a few secs later. Interestingly same thing occurs in Photo with basic brush (but if you wait before dragging brush the line appears and keeps up.).

in the screen recording below I tap and draw immediately. You can see the tap but a delay before the brush stroke appears. Second screen recording shows difference between painting straight away and waiting for line to appear.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• Staff

Thanks for the videos DM1, that makes it much more apparent and easier to see than the original video. I have noticed this has been reported in the Photo iPad forum as well and is already with development, so I shall also pass this thread on as well! 

Thank you both for letting us know.