You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Clone Brush no longer working

Affinity 1.7.0 and Mac  Os 10.14.5

Awoke to find Affinity had changed/updated overnight?....Now clone brush keeps asking me to click and (alt key) as per normal but it's not happening with my Wacom tablet. It will work with a mouse but I don't use one. All my work is done using Wacom Intuos 5 touch.

Clone worked fine before.??

I'm glad you brought this up! I'm having exactly the same issue. I thought it was a general Clone Brush problem, but it's definitely connected somehow to use of the Wacom whenever the pen is in proximity to the Wacom's surface.

Until a needed bug fix comes along, I'm able to work around this for now by tapping on my Apple Touchpad to select the clone source. 

• Affinity Photo 1.7.0
  • macOS 10.14.5
  • Wacom Intuos Pro M v1.45

Thanks...Not sure there's a LMB equivalent on a keyboard ( I work with my wacom and keyboard shortcuts. No mouse )

But the plot thickens... I've just been on the Wacom site and noticed a new driver that I'm sure wasn't there the other day. 

I've installed/updated the driver and the functionality seems to have returned and all is working as before.

So perhaps it was or is a Wacom issue and not an Affinity one.

Be interesting to see if it works for others ??

6 hours ago, Derek M said:

But the plot thickens... I've just been on the Wacom site and noticed a new driver that I'm sure wasn't there the other day. 

I've installed/updated the driver and the functionality seems to have returned and all is working as before.

So perhaps it was or is a Wacom issue and not an Affinity one.

Be interesting to see if it works for others ??

@Derek M, I've had the latest Wacom driver installed for several days now, but I have had the same exact issue that you described in your top-most post. This inability to choose a source point is seen in the Clone Brush tool, as well as the Healing Brush tool. 

My clone brush now works as per normal and a previous inability to select multiple objects in other programs is also now sorted. So for me I have to assume that it was updating the Wacom driver that sorted it all out.  Sorry I can't shed any more light on the subject.

UPDATE: 

After reading about @Derek M's experience updating the Wacom driver to the latest version, and after reading about a few others who have had Wacom issues, I decided to download and install the driver directly from the Wacom website rather than via the Wacom Desktop Center application.

Lo and behold, choosing a source for the Clone Brush and for the Healing Brush are working properly now. 

I would recommend anyone having issues with the Affinity products and a Wacom tablet try the same approach and see if it helps.