You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.0 crashes opening raw files

• Staff

Hi Pianodr023,
Thanks for the additional information. Please keep replying to this thread so we can follow your issue (no need to report it).

Do the following (just to make sure these are not glitches from the recent update in case you have updated): press and hold ctrl while launching Affinity Photo until a Clear User Data dialog appears. Keep the first three checkboxes ticked (only) then press Clear. It's possible this doesn't fix these issues but do you mind checking please? Can you attach one of the Sony RAW files that crashes you Mac for us to take a look please?

Thank you.

After doing that my

Sony raw files are opening properly!  However, I own two cameras and my Panasonic files still crash the program.  They are RW2 files and all of them crash the program where none of them crashed the 1.6.7 version of Photo.  Maybe this is a known issue the are working on?

Thank you so much for the help.  I use the Sony camera way more and is by far the most important to me.

P1210019.RW2

Edited by Pianodr023
additional request

1 hour ago, Pianodr023 said:

can anyone open this file on 1.7?

@Pianodr023 Confirmed -- opened P1210019.RW2 (downloaded from here) successfully in 1.7.0 production, Mac OS X Mojave (10.14.5)

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 5.41.39 PM.png

https://bmb.photos | Focus: The unexpected, the abstract, the extreme on screen, paper, & other physical outputTools: macOS (Primary: Ventura, MBP2018), Canon (Primary: 5D3), iPhone (Primary: 14PM), Nikon Film Scanners, Epson Printers