You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Light Green Transparent Square in the middle of Photo

HI Guys, 

I bought the AF license recently and trying to retouch some photos. I went through all the post processing and eventually i am seeing a green light trasparent square from no where. I can't do anything about it. Please see the attached image. 

It's really frustrating to see all the work go in waste. Need urgent help !!! 

Here are some additional details

> AF version 1.7.0 ( upgraded recently from 1.6.X)

> Refer to the 2nd attachment to see my settings for Color format and profile 

Thanks

Pritam

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 9.39.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 9.44.55 AM.png

Have you checked your Layers panel to see if there is an extraneous green rectangle?

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

59 minutes ago, pritamkumar said:

Need urgent help

Uploading the AF project file may be the quickest way to resolve this

Save the History with the file is you have not already closed it

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Hi John, yes, i checked the layers, nothing fishy. I even disabled them, still it appears. I think it's something happening above all the layers. Neither healing , nor patching or anything makes it go away. 

Sure Carl, i will upload the afphoto project. Where can i upload it ? Would you prefer one of your cloud links or mine ? 

Thanks

Pritam

That's baked into the layer, only way to get that out is to select the area and colour correct it. or so some cloning etc.

Make a selection around the yellow and try this setting in the Selective Colours adjustment filter, 
1818337319_ScreenShot2019-06-07at14_39_48.png.5f243aa7198f127a218d8d753254a80a.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Not sure what caused it as there is no history with the file but maybe Lee D can suggest something once he has a look at the original image.

If all else fails and you don't have backups etc, it can be corrected with a little/lot of work (Depends what it's for)

I would upload the APhoto file for you but it's 870MB, so if you want it just send me a Dropbox link or something

Arnav-Pano-Composite4.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thanks Guys , thx for the response, 

@carl123

1. I am going to give the photo to a client who is going to print the photo. That's the purpose of this shoot

2. I did not save the history intentionally, as it would bloat the size, The file size is already too heavy. I have some questions on file size, in the below section

3. You asked for original photo. Doesn't the afphoto saved file carry the original photo ? If no, why the file sizes are too heavy ? 

@firstdefence,

1. You said that's "baked into the layer", what do you mean by that. I disabled all the layers , still I saw the transparent colored rectangle appearing in the background photo. This means, it's not part of any layer. 

2. Looks like you resolved the issue with "selection" and "selective color". You did the selection after hiding all the layers ? 

3. The solution you provided, will that be print friendly, Will it show up if the photo is blown up ? 

@carl123 &  @firstdefence,

I am more concerned about unpredictability of the issue than the resolving the issue itself. Could it reappear ?  What could be the actual cause ? Could it be a bug in the product / version ? 

The other issue is about file size. Lets say, i opened a new JPEG file with size X MB. The moment i save the file ( without any retouching) the file gets saved as 4 X MB or more. I don't know why it's happening. This poses two challenges

1. If this continues, i will run out of space soon.

2. This might be contributing to slowness ( all kinds of slowness, painting, rendering etc)

Is there any best practice to deal with the space and performance issue ? 

Thanks

Pritam

1 hour ago, pritamkumar said:

What could be the actual cause ?

Here is one of many ways of doing this. Selection and clear a channel Blue in this case.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 6/6/2019 at 9:45 AM, pritamkumar said:

HI Guys, 

I bought the AF license recently and trying to retouch some photos. I went through all the post processing and eventually i am seeing a green light trasparent square from no where. I can't do anything about it. Please see the attached image. 

Thanks

Pritam

HI Old Bruce, 

Thanks for the video capture to explain the solution. But, I quite did not solution, except just learning that it has something to do with channel tab. Can you please elaborate ?

Thanks

Pritam

Sadly there is no solution, I was just showing how such a square could appear. I have been there and done that before. To put it as simply as I can it is a mistake that can be made at any point in the process.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 6/6/2019 at 9:45 AM, pritamkumar said:

HI Guys, 

Thanks

Pritam

OK got it, thanks Old Bruce. Looks like a product bug to me. 

@All, since you all veterans in AF, i need guidance is best practice of how to minimize the afphoto size and maximizing the performance. Will appreciate the help. 

Thanks

Pritam