You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UI elements not respecting dark mode

• Staff

Hi Kent,

Unfortunately the Font Dropdown is designed to be white, because predominately most users will be working on a light background, and it is easier to visualise the fonts. With that said however this isn't always perfect and it would be useful to have the ability to switch between light and dark background for the font dropdown separate to your UI settings. I'll get this bumped with development.

I am sorry I disagree with you what you say. That is NOT UI.

Open file already have dark mode is the same as popmenu font need to be dark mode.

Look at Pages and Keynote

Do you use your own Macintosh yourself yet?

I am still stubborn to ask you again again again until they fixed to support match open file + popmenu font is in MacOS 10.14.5 that is not UI.

1825406072_ScreenShot2019-06-07at2_44_02AM.thumb.png.f82ebeec2526570fc47b07f29d21bf0f.png1368732112_ScreenShot2019-06-07at2_42_00AM.thumb.png.542b82bf53f79ad0c4c69acbca42c3a6.png

This is not a bug.  If you are requesting the option to have the menu background be dark, that is a feature request.

The Affinity staff does not usually reply to feature requests - they do sometimes, but not usually - but that doesn't mean they aren't considering them.

Please do it to fix dark mode with IOS 10.14.5 without UI Preferences. 

Open file appear there dark mode exactly code same appear fonts. 

System Preferences > General is dark mode click auto Open File & Font background is dark.

System Preferences > General is light mode click auto Open File & Font background is light.

I have been hurt my eyes I have low vision.

I am still stubborn to ask you again, again until fix it right.

• 3 weeks later...

I say NO I say NO! I SAID NO! They must fix code to dark mode on popmenu font background! I am still stubborn to tell you again again until fix it.1325923624_ScreenShot2019-07-11at4_45_25AM.thumb.png.8ca4696e29f029ebe26f300c61005edf.png

Keynote already have dark mode popmenu font there. You have to fix Affinity. I keep ask again, again until fix it.

On 6/7/2019 at 8:30 AM, Sean P said:

Unfortunately the Font Dropdown is designed to be white, because predominately most users will be working on a light background, and it is easier to visualise the fonts.

This logic doesn’t seem to have been applied to the iPad apps (which currently only offer a dark mode).

With that said however this isn't always perfect and it would be useful to have the ability to switch between light and dark background for the font dropdown separate to your UI settings.

It certainly would be useful! Some fonts don’t preview at all well in white on a black or grey background.

54E47D23-C227-4C81-BD59-DF10E43CFF12.jpeg

AA4541EA-BC2A-4624-977D-B0ED75CF275F.jpeg

A7A864DE-B66C-4AB4-A873-3B214627B54D.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)