You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New Batch Job: Problem selecting output folder (Photo for iPad v1.7.0.135)

GEAR: Affinity Photo for iPad v1.7.0.135; iPad Pro 9.7" using iOS 12.3.1

ISSUE: While trying to use the new feature, "New Batch Job" I selected a batch of raw files stored in a cloud-based folder. I made my choices about the conversion format and dimensions, as well as other JPEG options such as Quality/compression, ICC Profile, etc.

Sorry to go off-topic, but there appear to be at least two problems. I'm hoping you can help:

1. I can't figure out how to "Select output folder". Or at least the cloud folder I select doesn't seem to "stick". So the batch job appears to run, but never gets saved anywhere because no folder was actually selected. 
  2. the choice of ICC Profile doesn't seem to "stick". This may be related to a possible bug I found in v1.6.x and persists in v1.7.0 where attempting to convert to a different ICC Profile does not work. The image remains in whatever is the default Color Space. 

Can anyone confirm the above? If so, then this is probably a bug that needs to be reported.

New Batch Job bug.png

@UlyssesTo select a folder is same as for slices folder. Navigate to a folder but don't open it. Tap Select and circle button appears in folder icons. Tap Open (not Done) and batch operations are carried out with output placed in folder.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

6 hours ago, DM1 said:

@UlyssesTo select a folder is same as for slices folder. Navigate to a folder but don't open it. Tap Select and circle button appears in folder icons. Tap Open (not Done) and batch operations are carried out with output placed in folder.

Thanks, @DM1.

Although I'm not too familiar with creating slices (it was buggy in the previous version), before posting my question I tried exactly the method you describe. And then I tried again after reading your reply. However, nothing is saved to my output folder at all. :( 

Quick question: After selecting your output folder and then tapping "Open", do you get any sort of confirmation or path name to your selected folder? I don't see any way of confirming. And no photos are saved to the selected folder. NOTE: I've even tried using different output folders, whether on OneDrive or on Dropbox. No joy.

6 hours ago, DM1 said:

@DM1 have you been able to successfully process a batch of raw files? If so, would you mind mentioning the model of your iPad and iOS version? Thx.

@Ulysses iPad model is one of the first gen 10.5 pros. iOS is current version 12.3.1

I selected three .cr2 (raw) Files that I downloaded for practicing development. I had them stored in a Documents (Readdle) folder, so used loaded from cloud method. Selected my Documents download folder and tapped open, this returned me to the main screen where I tapped jpg and then ok. The app then began processing the photos. Checking my download folder I could see the three new jpgs. Sorry for poor res video. Had to compress it to make it small enough to load here. But you can see the process. Just avoid the Done button.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

@DM1... Thanks for taking the time to go through that and even creating the video. Much appreciated.

Here's what’s interesting: 

As you know, some apps such as Affinity Photo, Acrobat, Lumafusion, etc. create their own folder structure local to the iPad. Curiously, I’m able to export to local folders on the iPad. However, I cannot export to any true cloud drive such as Dropbox, OneDrive, or my iCloud Drive.