You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nudge specification is a very valuable tool to me.  Have many files set up that require nudge accurate to .0000 

(Adding it at the bottom of the Transform pane would be especially helpful.)

Another valuable feature in the same vein would be a Step and Repeat copy/paste option.

(copy and specify offset paste an object multiple times in both X and Y axis; CD has this tool but AI does not)

MEB,

I like Affinity Designer's "power duplicate" feature, it is easy and works well but I think for some people (like prepress people as well as some designers too), being able to enter the exact amount of space between each item that you want to step and repeat is essential. For many people, just dragging the item to set the distance works great but when it has to be precise, I'm not sure it is enough. Are there any plans to put a dialogue box with options for stepping and repeating? 

Hokusai

MEB,

Thanks for the tip, I looked through the menus for "Step and Repeat" but I didn't see that option and to be honest, even after looking at the Transform tab, it doesn't appear overly obvious how to to do it or that you can even step and repeat. If I hadn't seen the video that you posted, I would never have guessed how to use it. I was looking for fields that say "Step: ____mm (cm, inches, etc) Repeat: ____ times" but there isn't any such field. To make matters even more confusing, there is a "R" and a "S". Now normally in a Transform tab, I would guess these to be rotate and skew but the fact that you can also step and repeat using the same tab is confusing. Why not just have the whole word "rotate" and "skew"?  For me, I like the old Quark Xpress "step and repeat" dialogue box, super simple and straight forward. I do like the extra things that I can do using the Power Duplicate in Affinity Designer but I request that it be a little more user-friendly and intuitive, of course that is just me.

Hokusai

Is it possible to make grid with "Step and Repeat"? For instance, 3 (columns) x 5 (rows)? And with an amount of space? All that in one window.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Thanks.

Sorry - I replied to your answer on my other post before seeing this - so I was unaware that you had answered this.

(I should have made just one post.

I have a request/sugestion concerning the Affinity Photo crop tool  - should I make a new post - or can I ask you - if you reply to this?

• Staff

Seems to be working fine here. You must add the value to the one that is already written in the input field, if you want to use this type of notation: "+ 3 cm" . If you delete the number that is already there it will not work.

If you prefer to delete the numbers in the input field, you must use a different type of notation, like this: "+= 3cm" (without quotesto add 3m to the selected field for example).

• 2 months later...