You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

More Affinity Installation problems (1.7 versions)

Hello there!

Yesterday I downloaded the long awaited 1.7 update for Affinity products. However I immediately encountered installation issues.

I get the following error: 

this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc.png.a85d8eb2a57c09a7baf7152645f15331.png

I have tried all the tips mentioned in the sticky:

and the general tips for this type of issues on:
https://www.minitool.com/backup-tips/this-app-cannot-run-on-pc.html

as well as:
https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc-solved/#m1

I've tried running in administrator mode, white listing and shutting off SmartScreen.
So far none of the suggestions have helped.

I'm running:
Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 64 bit version (17763.503)

Please help me install the new version.

Best regards
Andréas 

Edited by Andreas_h
Added OS version

Hi Andréas,

I had kind of the same issue when I downloaded and tried to install Designer. However, I found out that the downloaded file was only a few kb. I repeated the download and then I could successfully install Designer. Size of the setup file is around 357 or 387 MB (can be a bit more or less).

Hope you find a solution to your problem soon.

Chris

Interesting! I couldn't find the dialog you're referring to because the downloaded file seemed to have no digital signatures. Then I redownloaded the installation file and noticed that the file size is different. it is supposed to be 374.64MB but it was only  343MB. I redownloaded again and the result was a 365MB file. The third time the file was 354MB.... every time it is different. :o

So I logged in to my account in Edge (I'm using Chrome) and downloaded the file from there. Then everything went smooth.

During all the years I've user chrome I have never ever experienced anything like that. So I tested if the chrome version is bad and tried downloading from different sites, small and large files from many different servers. All files downloads alright, except the Affinity installation files. I've even tried the latest Canary version and the same problem persists, but only with the Affinity installation files. Might be some wierd incompatibility with the server the file is downloaded from and Chrome.... :S

Anyhow the problem was solved by using a different browser for downloading the installation files. Thanks a lot Alfred for helping me in the right direction! :D

3 hours ago, Andreas_h said:

Interesting! I couldn't find the dialog you're referring to because the downloaded file seemed to have no digital signatures.

Oops! Upon following my link just now, I see I neglected to mention that the lack of a Digital Signatures tab indicates that the download was incomplete. Fixed now.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)