You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apple Pencil double tap options – a bug or beta?

Hello,

in Affinity Designer 1.6 on the iPad the double-click had the function of, for example, switching Pentool to the Notetool and back again. That was perfect for my workflow on the couch. Now I just have the option to choose between undo and fit the screen. Is it wanted like that? It does not make any sense for me because I can tap the screen with two fingers without any problems. I would be happy if this is further improved or there is the option to switch to the old function of 1.6.

PS: i know at some Points i have the Option to chose the Eraser ;)

It would also be an improvement when using the pen tool and touch only for gestures, with a finger touch on the workspace to get back to the move tool. At the moment i can set more anchor points. In my opinion is this not a gesture.

I liked the double tap to switch between the 2 most recent tools, it was a nice quick action... but on the otherhand, i kinda forgot about being able to double tap the pencil and for the past month or so haven't even used that gesture, haha. But per your comment above, undo is definitely not the best action for pencil double tap, its easier just to flip up the pencil and use 2 finger tap, even with the same hand as the pencil, IMO.

Art director by day, illustrator by night: Check Out My Shutterstock Gallery

17 hours ago, kaiwienen said:

in Affinity Designer 1.6 on the iPad the double-click had the function of, for example, switching Pentool to the Notetool and back again. That was perfect for my workflow on the couch.

I use the option to switch between Pentoole and Notetool very often. If someone reads from Support, please reinstall.

• 3 weeks later...