You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo become desaturated when add new View Point using Advanced mode in Navigator

Try clicking on the restore down icon, twice. You may find the screen does not close down to a smaller screen as expected but your image may restore itself to the correct exposure. The icon for clarity is the one in the middle of the minimise icon and the close icon at the top right of the screen. My CR2 files come in dark (JPG are OK) and I found by accident that if I click on the restore down icon the image corrects itself, but the icon does not perform as it should. I have reported this to the developers. Will be interesting if this also solves your problem.

@Mark Ingram: Visually that effect is quite similar to my report of issues adding Guides in the Develop Persona except that one could be recovered from simply by changing which Tool was selected. No HDR involved in mine, and I am set to develop to RGB/16 (but this happens before one actually develops the image).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

11 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

@Mark Ingram: Visually that effect is quite similar to my report of issues adding Guides in the Develop Persona except that one could be recovered from simply by changing which Tool was selected. No HDR involved in mine, and I am set to develop to RGB/16 (but this happens before one actually develops the image).

Hi Walt, I don't think that issue is related, as it's 16-bit. The related issues above are all 32-bit (and the new HDR options only work with 32-bit content).

1 minute ago, Mark Ingram said:

Hi Walt, I don't think that issue is related, as it's 16-bit. The related issues above are all 32-bit (and the new HDR options only work with 32-bit content).

Perhaps, but I can duplicate that on my system using View Points, without HDR or 32-bit. (Sorry, I should have been more clear in my post.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

4 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Perhaps, but I can duplicate that on my system using View Points, without HDR or 32-bit. (Sorry, I should have been more clear in my post.)

Samen for me

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

My 32 bit preview on the 32 bit pre-view window is not enabled, in fact it is greyed out and I can't enable it. But as I have said before if you click the restore down icon then dark image goes to normal but the 32 bit pre-view is still not enabled so maybe the two things are not linked?

13 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

14 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

If you click on the 32-Bit Preview panel, is the "Enable HDR" checkbox enabled? @dibat and @andersp5.

If you develop to 16-Bit, I imagine this bug won't occur.

Just discovered that if I click on the restore down icon to get the image to display correctly, i.e not dark as before using CR2 file and then go to navigator and use the advanced function and add a new view point the image goes dark again and clicking on the restore down icon makes the programme stall with not responding showing and then eventually it restores the image but the image is now dark again. Clicking on the restore down icon again now has no effect. Hope this helps. 

• 3 months later...
On 6/7/2019 at 11:10 AM, walt.farrell said:

Perhaps, but I can duplicate that on my system using View Points, without HDR or 32-bit.

Yep, same here.  The only change between the attached pair of screen shots is the application of a view Point.

View Point.jpg

Intel i7-10700 Gen10 CPU, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
Windows 10 Pro 22H2, 1x 1TB M.2 NVMe, 1 x 2TB M.2 NVMe. Affinity APh, APu, ADe