You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher to be launched at Affinity Live

Ash

• Staff
1 hour ago, DesignT said:

Serif should find a way to make this possible.....

and

57 minutes ago, DesignT said:

That´s why I hope Serif allow older clients that were forced to use Apple Store to move to Serif store.

Serif do not have any mechanism for this, sorry

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Why we, the beta testers didn't get a link to download it at 4 PM as it was promissed? >:(

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

• Staff
12 minutes ago, Petar Petrenko said:

Why we, the beta testers didn't get a link to download it at 4 PM as it was promissed? >:(

Why so cross? Did you pre order it? If so it is here https://store.serif.com/account/downloads/ now (16:02 it went active). Emails will be sent tomorrow

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

yes, I pre-ordered.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

I didn't get, but I used the link Patrick sent it. :)

3 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

(16:05 it went active).

It went active at 16:00 precisely as I was there waiting and refreshing the screen every minute :D

All downloaded and installed OK

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 minute ago, Petar Petrenko said:

I didn't get, but I used the link Patrick sent it. :)

I got an email titled " Your Affinity order confirmation - xxxxxxxx" within 24 hours after I preordered it.  In that email is a link to my personal download page which has the download link and the key.  If you didn't get the email, there must have been a failure during the order process either on Affinity's end or your end.

Hello Ash and team,

Perhaps "bugs" and negative feedback are more useful to you all, but as some of your product users are genuinely quite thrilled with your products, you might consider adding a topic to the forum: "positive notes and congrats".

Congratulations on a great presentation yesterday. The performance of the "personas" in publisher is just incredible. As an enthusiastic beta tester I had pre-ordered Publisher and proceeded to install the final version yesterday evening. I just had to try out these "personas" that had been a mystery during the Beta months.

What a revelation! The "persona" function is amazing and instantly my favorite feature in Publisher. It works flawlessly. This is going to be such a timesaver!

Thank you for all your efforts and keep up the good work.

Kind regards,

Franky

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 11:55 AM, AndrewMB said:

I feel to me designer for web and vector design work and that type of design package.  Publisher is for the graphic design and layout for publishing to print.  Each are offering a different application.  Bit like illustrator and InDesign.

To all,

Not too sure how many days are left for the discount on AFFINITY-PUBLISHER, perhaps someone could clarify ?

Now that AFFINITY-PUBLISHER is out, I wondering if there were any PPv9 users (like me) who've made the jump & can share any thoughts between the two, i.e. PROS' & CONS'. Just need a nudge to finally make up my mind about purchasing AFFINITY-PUBLISHER.

Over & out,

CJT1963

13 minutes ago, CJT963 said:

To all,

Not too sure how many days are left for the discount on AFFINITY-PUBLISHER, perhaps someone could clarify ?

Can’t help you with the Page Plus part, but according to an Affinity email the discount on all three — Publisher, Designer, and Photo — ends on July 3.    I already have all three and think they are grand!   

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

On 6/6/2019 at 11:05 PM, lgoodwin said:

I've been using publisher for several months now. IN the earlier beta stages it was not as functional as PP. Now, the latest release beta, which is, I think, similar to the release candidate, is clearly superior to PP9. It still does NOT open PP files, I believe, so you would need to start a fresh file, but I can now do everything I could with PP 9, and more, as efficiently, if not more so.

Len G

Oregon

No footnotes and endnotes support yet. No Mesh warp except through Photo Persona, No Instant 3D, No Preflight Check or proofreader or grammar checker, No story editor, No Book Plus equivalent, No material style layer effects, and definitely no e-publishing. But I agree that Affinity Publisher is a very good product indeed.

Also no Mail Merge and poor PDF import - but, early days! :|

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

This one just as a shoutout to @Ash. Watched the presentation again yesterday and it was just a flawless and nice enthousiastic presentation, well spoken and well prepared, but still looks spontanious! Very nice to watch something going so well and fluent! Just saying

On 6/29/2019 at 3:59 PM, CJT963 said:

To all,

Now that AFFINITY-PUBLISHER is out, I wondering if there were any PPv9 users (like me) who've made the jump & can share any thoughts between the two, i.e. PROS' & CONS'. Just need a nudge to finally make up my mind about purchasing AFFINITY-PUBLISHER.

To all,

Thanks to all & Affinity Team <Affinity@Serif.com> for confirming AP discount deadline is end of working day this Wednesday 3rd July 2019. However, I was thinking I'd be inundated with forumers on more AP positives to make the purchase....h'mmm.....:64_zipper_mouth:....... theres still time I guess, where are all tthose SERIF PPv9 users..:69_zzz:

Over & out,

CJT963

Over & out,

CJT1963