You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher to be launched at Affinity Live

Ash

10 minutes ago, monzo said:

Ah ok thanks, so I can grab the Mac version from the Affinity store? To be honest I'd prefer using that to the App Store anyway.

You should be able to get it from there at the same discounted price, as far as I know. Please try it and report back!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

@Grant Gray-BrownGray-Brown

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

The answer is about 5 posts back (it's yes by the way)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
10 minutes ago, monzo said:

Could you please confirm if I can buy the Mac version of Publisher from the Affinity store? 

Yes, using the pre order link you mentioned in your first post. Click on it to see. There is a selector for operating system that trys to guess the right one for your browser, but can be changed before purchasing.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 6/6/2019 at 2:13 AM, Ash said:

We are going to live stream the event keynote at 6.15pm (BST) which will also include announcements on our future plans and perhaps a few surprises. For more info check out our spotlight article here. Would be great if you could join us...

I noticed that article has been removed.

UPDATE: And it's back up again.  No more 404.

• Staff
1 hour ago, justdraw said:

Hi, The offer will be in App Store? I've Itunes Gift Card. Thanks.

A launch offer (of %20) will be briefly available on the Mac App Store, Microsoft Store and Affinity Store on launch (as suggester earlier in this thread).

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
3 minutes ago, justdraw said:

Ok Thanks, When?

On launch for a short while. There is currently a sale on everything in all 3 stores, and on launch it will be extended as I said before

On 6/8/2019 at 12:11 PM, Patrick Connor said:

When we launch Affinity Publisher on the 19th June, the current public "20% sale on everything" will be extended.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

On 6/6/2019 at 6:37 PM, CJT963 said:

To all,

RE: AFFINITY DESIGNER VS AFFINITY PUBLISHER

I confess when I purchased AFFINITY DESIGNER, I thought it was a replacement for SERIF-PagePlus-9. I still use PP9 more so than AFFINITY DESIGNER, mainly because I find PP9 more intuitive with the UI in just finding basic tools & the help file in AFFINITY DESIGNER not much help either. I do on accasions give AFFINITY DESIGNER a further attempt with some success, but can get so frustrated at times, I end up going back to PP9 to get the task done. I just updated it to ver 1.7.0.367, so not too sure if any fundermental changes. Is there an update list somewhere ?

Anyway rant over, I really wanted to know what the main differences are between AFFINITY DESIGNER & AFFINITY PUBLISHER ? & perhaps the latter would suit me better ?

Over & out,

CJT963

I feel to me designer for web and vector design work and that type of design package.  Publisher is for the graphic design and layout for publishing to print.  Each are offering a different application.  Bit like illustrator and InDesign.

On 6/6/2019 at 7:13 PM, Ash said:

We are going to live stream the event keynote at 6.15pm (BST)

At that time I'll be well and truly in the land of nod—3.15am (Australian Eastern Standard Time) :D

Presumably the event keynote will be recorded and uploaded? (YouTube?)

3 hours ago, PedroOfOz said:

At that time I'll be well and truly in the land of nod—3.15am (Australian Eastern Standard Time) :D

Presumably the event keynote will be recorded and uploaded? (YouTube?)

Ah, thanks Pedro. I was just about to look that up. To be honest, it's a bit early for me to bother. I hope we catch up on the news a few hours later as you suggest. :-)

On 6/7/2019 at 4:36 AM, Frozen Death Knight said:

I opened up the Publisher Beta just now and noticed that the other two Personas had activated for me. Not going to spoil it, but you developers are absolute mad lads. No wonder the development took so long. Not regretting pre-ordering this program. Can't wait till the 19th! :)

On 6/7/2019 at 5:24 AM, walt.farrell said:

There seems to be a bug in the older 1.7.0 Publisher beta versions (.337 and .371 have been mentioned, I think) that enables the new Personas when the retail versions of 1.7 Photo and Designer are installed. That does not occur with the current beta version, .376.

Oho! Just saw this. I fetched the .371 installer out of my trash and took it for a spin. Niiiice!

InDesign, eat your heart out.

Edited by OzNate
adding the other comment that I was referring to

On 6/8/2019 at 9:17 AM, monzo said:

Ah ok thanks, so I can grab the Mac version from the Affinity store? To be honest I'd prefer using that to the App Store anyway.

The difference, Apple maintains your purchase information, without the need of Product Key.  This makes restoring a corrupt macOS system or new Mac purchase easier.  Personal choice indeed.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

It will be at 4 PM British Summer Time (BST).

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

On 6/8/2019 at 12:17 PM, monzo said:

I am with you, I also prefer Affinity Store, unfortunately who bought from MAS do not have any option to move to Serif store only by getting a new license witch isn´t very cool because I already own a license.

To make older clients happy, Serif should find a way to make this possible.

MacBook Pro Retina 15" -  macOS High Sierra  version 10.14.4

Affinity Designer 1.6.1 & 1.71 + Affinity Photo1.6.7 & 1.7.1 + Affinity Publisher 1.71

18 hours ago, Cecil said:

The difference, Apple maintains your purchase information, without the need of Product Key.  This makes restoring a corrupt macOS system or new Mac purchase easier.  Personal choice indeed.

Hi Cecil 

MAS Purchase and restoration easier, but not more secure, I do prefer to own a Product Key.

That´s why I hope Serif allow older clients that were forced to use Apple Store to move to Serif store.

MacBook Pro Retina 15" -  macOS High Sierra  version 10.14.4

Affinity Designer 1.6.1 & 1.71 + Affinity Photo1.6.7 & 1.7.1 + Affinity Publisher 1.71

32 minutes ago, DesignT said:

Hi Cecil 

MAS Purchase and restoration easier, but not more secure, I do prefer to own a Product Key.

That´s why I hope Serif allow older clients that were forced to use Apple Store to move to Serif store.

Please explain the increase in security?  No purchase is 100% safe, Apple security is rated among the best.  By all means, procure from Serif.  MacOS Mojave does not prevent user from purchasing from Serif.  Wishing you the best.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection