You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Node issues in 1.7.0

1- It is no longer possible to add to the node selection by holding one finger on the screen. An extra circle appears on the screen just above the finger mark.

2- Joining two nodes of the same combined curve is not possible.

3- When editing a node(s) an overlaid circle appears obstructing the view. Inside the circle is shown the edited node(s) in 1:1 scale. Not quite sure of the purpose. 

A984B43A-EA87-4C39-BE5A-8167ECEF19F7.jpeg

5D07131D-CF41-43C4-892D-D91736126613.jpeg

119C9374-9484-421F-87AC-3B325DD1CF52.jpeg

I can confirm this, i'm getting this popup magnification circle when using the pencil (it shouldnt appear with pencil input) and at very inopportune times (node tool modifier, also cannot select multiple nodes when it pops up).

I agree this should be a toggle we can turn off system wide, pencil users have no use for it.

Art director by day, illustrator by night: Check Out My Shutterstock Gallery

On 6/8/2019 at 5:42 AM, TonyO said:

pencil users have no use for it.

I find it often makes selection accuracy more difficult and with the frequent freezes is a real pain in the butt. This was discussed during beta testing and Devs agreed it was maybe not a such a good decision  having pop up with pencil. Supposed to be changed but decision made too late methinks to include in this release. At least that’s what I’m hoping. :) I can't imagine Serif enjoy all the negative references to the loupe. Hopefully it will be removed (or made optional for Apple Pencil users) soon.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• Staff
On 6/6/2019 at 10:08 AM, mar&co said:

1- It is no longer possible to add to the node selection by holding one finger on the screen. An extra circle appears on the screen just above the finger mark.

2- Joining two nodes of the same combined curve is not possible.

3- When editing a node(s) an overlaid circle appears obstructing the view. Inside the circle is shown the edited node(s) in 1:1 scale. Not quite sure of the purpose. 

1. This has been passed on to development. Currently you need to enable Modifier Keys in Preferences. This will give you access to an on screen 'Shift Constrain' button that you can hold down and tap to select nodes.

2. This has never had that behaviour unfortunately (but is with development to improve the behaviour and make it function similar to how you expect). What it does is allows you to connect two separate Curve objects (not a single Curves object) into a single curve. For example draw two separate curves, select them both in the Layers Studio and then select the Node Tool. When you press Join it will connect the two curves into one.

3. Are you using a Pencil? If so there is an issue that this is appearing when it shouldn't. If you're using a finger the idea is that it gives you more precision to see the screen that is being covered up by your finger.

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (oin Curves button should check and join the paths from user selected nodes) of the program in the latest release.

The fixes and how to update are described in these forum posts.

We would appreciate you checking that this issue has now been resolved for you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon