You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I’m getting a crash on iPad Air 2 running iOS 12.3.1 with Affinity Photo 1.7 whenever I use the Refine Selection tool. No matter what I do in Refine Selection, when I select the output as “new layer with mask” and hit apply it waits for a short moment then crashes. 

Attached a screen recording. 

Any help would be most appreciated!

I have had trouble making a selection. When I refined the selection and clicked mask on new layer it crashed the app. This happened several times. I used the beta 1.7 and didn't have this particular problem. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!

Okay, video attached along with a test document where I’m getting this error. 

One thing I have noticed, the two documents where I get the crash both have Legacy White Balance and Curves Adjustments layers. I have managed to successfully use the Refine Selection tool on a document without these layers, albeit a bit slow. I don’t know if these layers have anything to do with the problem but they are the only common thing across both documents. 

Cheers

Gnocchi.afphoto

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Marvin lee said:

I’m using an iPad Pro 1st gen and this is also happening to me. Has there been any fixes for this bug?

Not yet, no. Seems to have gone a bit quiet. 

I switched from the iPad Air 2 to the iPad Pro thinking it might be my hardware, but I still get the crash even in the recent update to 1.7.1 and on the Pro. 

Marvin

Thank you.  The refine selection worked before it was when I clicked on apply trying  to output the refined selection to new layer or new layer with mask that the application would crash.   I still have the same problem after the uninstall and reinstall.  It sounds like you may have found a fix for your issue but the reinstall did not change my crash.

Thank You for your assistance.

DWW48

• 2 weeks later...