You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1px increase on new Artboards

Hello,

Thank you for the update, love it. The first thing which I tried in 1.7 was moving Artboards with ´by whole numbers´ and snapping on to see if the 1px creep issue has been resolved.

If for example your board is 1080 x 1920 px and you duplicate it then the next one is 1081 x 1920 px. 

Any workarounds or solutions? Maybe setting up your Artboards in Publisher is the way to go? This issue is one of the reasons I can´t 100% use AD for production work.

Anyway, cheers for 1.7!

Screenshot 2019-06-06 at 10.16.11.png

Are you option-dragging to create your duplicate? That's what I would do, and it took me ages to work this out: Affinity makes option-dragging override constraints, so it allows you to place the artboard on a sub-pixel, causing the extra pixel at export. They added command-dragging as a duplicate that honours snapping. Personally I think it was a weird decision, to change the default behaviour of the most common shortcut of all graphics apps on the Mac ever!

There is a solution though, without having to remember to use command instead of option: start option-dragging as normal, but then release the option key without releasing the object , you'll still duplicate and snapping comes back on.

MacBook Pro M1 Max, macOS 12.6.1 Monterey
Affinity Designer : 2.0  Affinity Photo: 2.0,   Affinity Publisher: 2.0

• Staff

Hi both,

If you have move by whole pixels enabled and your artboard position value is not an integer, it will only change the integer value, as that's what you've asked it to do. So, if you start off with an artboard that is let's say 10.7px on X-axis, and have the move by whole pixels, it will keep that 0.7px which is not what you want. You first need to enable Force pixel alignment without move my whole pixels. Move the artboard. That will force it on integer values. You can then enable move by whole pixels :)

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Hi Gabe - try this:

1. Create a new 'device' document - your artboard will automatically be at X:0 Y:0

2. Make sure you have snapping and force pixel-alignment enabled

3. Now option-drag a copy of the artboard, keeping option held down as you drag, release the artboard - it WILL end on a sub-pixel, because option-dragging overrides all snapping

4. Delete that artboard and again option-drag your first one, this time release option key before releasing the artboard - this time it will snap to whole pixels.

By the way, can we rename 'artboards' as 'dartboards' - would save me correcting auto-correct :)

MacBook Pro M1 Max, macOS 12.6.1 Monterey
Affinity Designer : 2.0  Affinity Photo: 2.0,   Affinity Publisher: 2.0