You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.7 Raw Exposure Problem

Hi I just upgraded to v1.7 Affinity Photo ..... 

I seem to be having an issue with my CR2 Raw files from my Canon EOS 5D. 

In v1.65 I would drop my CR2 file into Photo and adjust the Exposure and raise it up a touch until it looked fine in the main panel. 

When I developed the file it looked just as it did in the main panel and displays correctly.

HOWEVER, when I do the same process in v1.7 and get the picture Exposed correctly in the main window and then Develop it .... 

..... the picture when developed comes out alot more exposed. (Alot more exposed to the point it is nearly blown out)  

Could somebody please explain what it is I am doing wrong as I have had to roll back to v1.65. 

Many thanks .... 

• Staff

If your RAW files are 32bit HDR images please open the Develop Assistant and change the RAW output format to RGB 32Bit HDR and when you develop the RAW image it will bee the same as it was in the Develop Persona

Hi, I am having the same issue and after changing the setting to 32 bit HDR it still stays the same, ie the image looks very flat and underexposed and appears very very dull on screen.

I have been trying to sort this issue out on the interface and by adjusting the exposure and gamma setting to 1.35 each in the  '32 bit prevew' window at the bottom right of the interface I can get the image to look the way it should. My problem now is that I cannot set this setting permanently for all raw images or at least I do not know how to set it permanently for all images. I thought an 'add preset' might work but alas, no. 

Can you assist me any further, please ?

Edited by FintanMcTiernan
Update