You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nik - HDR Efex 2

• Staff

Hi Siegfried,
Out of curiosity, what Nik Collection version are you running? The free one by Google or the commercial one from DxO?
We are working on the colours issues in Nik Collection plugins. HDR Efex 2 is not compatible with Affinity Photo 1.7. Only Dfine 2, Sharpener and Viveza 2 run in Photo 1.7.

Hi

I too facing same issues with v1.7. I actually downloaded the paid version by DXO and installed it with v1.7. All other plugins works but HDR effects which is the most I use and would like the image to load. The plugin gets started but no image gets loaded in HDR. No such issues with other plugin hence questions comes to mind if it works for other plugins then what is different for HDR. Can Affinity photo team suggest solution please.

Hello MEB,

I am working with the commercial version from DXO - lastest update.

- good that you are working on the color issue.

14 minutes ago, MEB said:

HDR Efex 2 is not compatible with Affinity Photo 1.7. Only Dfine 2, Sharpener and Viveza 2 run in Photo 1.7.

- can you elaborate please. There are 8 plugins and all are working for me except HDR Efex 2.

• Staff

Thank for clearing that for me. Seems DxO already launched the update/fix for the Nik Collection then. I haven't tested it yet (wasn't around here yesterday) so it's possible all plugins now work as they should on Mac. In that case please ignore my last comment regarding to what works and what doesn't. I will install and test the latest update and will get back to you soon.

20 minutes ago, MEB said:

Thank for clearing that for me. Seems DxO already launched the update/fix for the Nik Collection then. I haven't tested it yet (wasn't around here yesterday) so it's possible all plugins now work as they should on Mac. In that case please ignore my last comment regarding to what works and what doesn't. I will install and test the latest update and will get back to you soon.

I have only the trail version of Nik Collection, these one is still broken.

Where do you get the updated version where HDR should work?

• Staff

It looks like quite a few users are experiencing an issue with plugins that would load in 1.6 but are failing in 1.7. Please see this reply from Mark who has stated that we will attempt to reach out to the plugin developers to see if we can reach a solution.

19 minutes ago, Siegfried said:

can you also give some indication about timing in regards to Viveza and the color problem

Unfortunately we are unable to give any information regarding timescales for fixes.

• Staff

Hi Siegfried,

I've already installed the latest Nik Collection 2 by DxO on Mac. As you pointed out HDR Efex 2 is not working correctly (doesn't load the image). I also experienced colour issues in Viveza 2. I will pass those issues to the dev team.

Regarding the free Google version for Mac and Affinity Photo 1.7: Only Dfine 2, Sharpener and Viveza 2 run in Affinity Photo 1.7. All of them run in Affinity Photo 1.6 (with a few issues).

• 3 months later...
On 6/9/2019 at 8:52 PM, Hanterdro said:

Not sure if this is a good or bad news:

I just tried NIK Collection 2 with Affinity Photo 1.6.7 -> Same error as with 1.7.

The HDR Efex plugin doesn't load images.

Also in the latest update - HDR Efex plug does not load any pictures