You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vertical alignment for text frame and tables is connected

Intended? A bug? Arrange text frame and table panel side by side. Create a text frame and change the vertical alignment e.g. to bottom. You will see, that the vertical alignment for table changes also to bottom. Works vice versa. Could be irritating?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

I believe these are essentially the same options, so it makes sense when one changes in one studio the other does, as you are editing the text frame inside the table cell.

You can use the text frame studio to change alignment for text within a table, which seems correct to me.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hmm, for me it works only the same and I think text frame and table cell are two different areas and should be IMO handled as such. Seems to be trivial for others: First I create a table with content vertically centered, then I create a text frame but have now an extra click for vertical top. As said trivial.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.