You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Keeps Crashing (1.7.0 split)

• Staff

Hey ikno, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

Is this when you initially start out with a raw and apply the elliptical overlay or when you go back into the Develop Studio after already developing the image? Either way, I'm unable to reproduce this.

Can you attach the raw file you're using and maybe even provide a quick screen recording? I'd really like to get this one fixed. Thanks :)

Hi Chris,

this happens with every single RAW File I’m opening in the develop persona. 

I’ll  try to record it and post it later. 

Just some further info:

using Fuji uncompressed RAWs from an X-T20, on an iPad Pro 11” running the newest iOS 

I’m attaching the screen recording. The iPad is set to German, but I think it will still be clear from the video what is happening. 

Happens on any photo I tried. Also does not work with RAWs from another camera (tried RAWs from a Canon as well).

unfortunately I can’t attach the RAWs since I’m only able to use my iPad at the moment.

Thanks!

Edited by ikno
Clarification

On 6/7/2019 at 11:41 AM, Chris B said:

I've tried this with 5 different raw files, all from different cameras and I cannot crash it. I even changed my language to German and it is fine... I will keep trying as I have a lot more raw files I can try this with.

Thank you!

it also crashes occasionally when applying a color filling within the photo persona and it uses up about 70-80% battery within 2h. 

• Staff

Hey ikno,

I spent some time on Friday before I went home and I simply cannot reproduce the crash. 

The next time you get a crash, go to Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data and copy the info and paste it here so we can get a bit more info.

11 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey ikno,

I spent some time on Friday before I went home and I simply cannot reproduce the crash. 

The next time you get a crash, go to Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data and copy the info and paste it here so we can get a bit more info.

Thanks for all the effort. I just pasted everything from the last crash. 

I’m also attaching a tiny video showing all the crash logs from Affinity Photo. Some other parts of the app in there as well.

Do you need anything else?