You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where are you hiding 1.7.0 for Mac download

You keep sending out update notices without ever telling your customers where to download the software.  

Look, its not under my account and its not popping up when I load Affinity Photo for Mac.

I want you to communicate at a level above preschool so I can do the download.  Is that so hard?

If you purchased the earlier version directly from Serif, the new version is under your Serif/Affinity Store account (this is different from your Affinity forum account).  https://store.serif.com/account/

If you purchased the earlier from the Apple/Mac App Store, you'll need to upgrade from there instead (Apple doesn't release their customer information to Serif). Note: app store updates are staggered (not all servers update at the same time), so the new version might take several hours to appear in the app store for you.
From Serif (Patrick Connor): ALSO In the Mac App Store go to the updates tab and press CTRL+F5 or CMD+R (as this is basically a Safari window and may need refreshing) 
I think another user also posted that restarting their Mac helped show the new version in the app store.

18 hours ago, amazme11 said:

You keep sending out update notices without ever telling your customers where to download the software.  

That is because as @obtusity explained, the update method depends on which store you bought the app from, & unless you bought it from the Affinity Store, there is no way for Serif to know which store you bought it from or which method will work for you.

That said, if you bought from the Affinity Store, you should get a notice right in the app about the update whenever you start up an older version. If you bought it from the Mac App Store (MAS for short) you can set System Preferences > App Store to automatically download updates in the background & notify you when they are ready to be installed and optionally to automatically install them as well. This is true for all apps bought through the MAS, not just the Affinity ones.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Thanks for your responses.  Comcast lost some of my license emails in a backup folder in 2017.  Its under my Affinity  account.

Finally found it in the App Store under "Updates".

iPad updated with no problem.

All I ask is the company repeat the instructions for future updates in  their initial email to customers. , i.e. "Where To Look".

That will save a lot of frustration, especially for seniors like me.  

1 hour ago, amazme11 said:

All I ask is the company repeat the instructions for future updates in  their initial email to customers. , i.e. "Where To Look".

I think a link in the emails to a web page explaining the various update methods & their requirements would be better.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7