You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[By Design] Urgent superscript issue (suspected easy fix)

So I revisited the beta before launch and it's looking great! I noticed that there's still this weird issue with superscript where it's very selective about what characters it'll superscript (or subscript) even on common fonts. I've attached a demonstration file to show what I mean. Fortunately, this seems to have an easy solution– my workaround has simply been to do the superscripting/subscripting in Affinity Designer before importing the text to Affinity Publisher where the format is preserved. In other words, just replace AP's superscript and subscript systems with those of Affinity Designer. I know it's not that easy, just wanted to try and offer a general direction to head in. Thanks!

This issue was encountered on MacOS Mojave.

noticeMeSenpai.afpub

This is not a bug, but due to a change in the handling of superscript characters in the more recent versions of the Affinity Suite. If a font does not include dedicated superscript glyphs (or subscript glyphs, for that matter), engaging the Superscript option on the Typography Panel or in the Typography section of the Character Studio will not change the respective glyphs. You can have the previous fake superscript glyphs (i.e. scaled and repositioned versions of the base glyphs) by selecting Super/Subscript in the Character Studio. :)

Superscript.png.a2937b65e0ba358ea1e52c7382fd11cc.png

The numbers, you are looking for, aren‘t coded into the font, which you are using. Therefor use the superscript function, as A_B_C  dntion in his last post.

By the way: would you mind, to react on answers to your questions here: 

Just now, mac_heibu said:

The numbers, you are looking for, aren‘t coded into the font, which you are using. Therefore use the superscript function, as A_B_C  described in his last post.

By the way: would you mind, to react on answers to your questions here: 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.