I have downloaded the latest version and during the installation process it stops and states the setup failed. 

I now have no installation of Affinity as the updating process appears to have deleted the programme from my computer.

Any suggestions of where to go from here

I had a similar problem. Windows Home, Photo 1.6 installed and also from time to time a beta version.

I used a tool from Microsoft to uninstall the previous version, because there was no uninstaller in Affinity Photo und the utility in Windows to unistall did nothing.

MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab

Afterwards I deleted all folders remaining related to Affinity Photo, also in User/ ... /AppData/Roaming and then I installed  version 1.7, no Problems

Hopefully this could help.

I had the same problem.  The answer appears to be to do a restart.  After your computer has restarted then run the .exe installation file.  It appears that if you have accessed the internet previously then it fails (I tried 3 times) unless you have not accessed the web.  So download the file, then restart and THEN do the install.  That worked for me, I hope it does for you as well.

Hi @Ian Winkel,

Welcome to the forums :)

Please let us know if the above suggestions do not resolve your issue and we can look further into this for you!

Hi All,

I took the advice in Forum replies to restart my computer then go to Downloads and activate Affinity 1.7..  Success all installed correctly and picked up my macros and various packs previously downloaded.

Thanks for the advice