You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Working in Mac OSX. Finding today that the modifier keys aren't working. Such as: Multiple selecting via the shift key. Command (or option, can't remember off hand) duplicate drag.

Restarted, no luck, new update, same issue.

I'm still getting used to this program so I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing.

just weird and annoying.

• Staff

Hi sixty12 and Welcome to the Forums,

Can you just go to Preferences>Keyboard Shortcuts and see if any are listed , if not, click on the Reset button and that should restore the default keyboard shortcuts and you should then be able to select multiple objects using the shift key :)

Hi Stokerg,

Thanks for the tip. It seems to have corrected itself when I opened it up this morning. Bit weird. But if it happens again I will know where to look.

It's a cool program, still getting my head around the inherent quirks/differences of the program (like all programs) 

Definitely prefer it to Adobe Frustrator and it works more like the classic Macromedia Freehand which is my all time favourite but I haven't been able to use that for a long time now.

I do like that Designer can open my old freehand files as well.

Cheers.

I just realised that it seems to be when I use my Wacom Tablet. 

Using a mouse and the modifier keys is fine, but when I use the same actions with my Wacom tablet they just don't work.

So it could be a bug.

10 hours ago, sixty12 said:

I just realised that it seems to be when I use my Wacom Tablet. 

Using a mouse and the modifier keys is fine, but when I use the same actions with my Wacom tablet they just don't work.

So it could be a bug.

I find that using the buttons on my Wacom for Command and Option and the pen I get the expected result. But when I use the buttons and a keyboard key (like using the button for Command and the 'J' key) I don't get the desired result, it is as if the modifier button only works in conjunction with the pen or my fingers (I have Touch Enabled). 

I would guess this is a Wacom / Mac OS hardware issue.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.