You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have just downloaded the .exe file which ran but nothing happened? A rerun provided repair or uninstall. I have tried both. Advice please Windows 7 Pro x64 etc. My version is up to date at 1.6.5.123.

Thanks, Mike

A couple of hours later - update!

I have now reinstalled 1.7 beta which I  un-installed a few weeks ago. This runs perfectly. I then tried doing the update. No joy~! So I would certainly appreciate some guidance / help on this. VMT Mike

• Staff

Sorry to hear that you've not been able to install the 1.7 update. Do you get any messages on screen such setup failed? Have you tried using Run as Admin when installing the update?

Hi thanks for the response. Yes I have tried running as admin, have also rebooted to no avail! When I run install I am asked to repair (see attachment). , this it does, reporting when complete. Problem is it is no where to be seen! I have even run search to try and find it!!

When I run 1.6 iam told 1.7 is available. When I run beta I am told there is now a new beta - have 1.7.0.367 which is working fine. I have not tried the uninstall option as I need a working set up! and not sure which versions would disappear!

regards from South Australia, Mike

Affinity 1.JPG

• Staff

Can you try installing the 1.7 update again and then send me your setup log files? 

You can access the setup log files by navigating to %TEMP%/AffinitySetup/ from the Run Dialog. You will want the folder with the latest Created/Modified Date. In this folder you will have two .log files: Setup.log & SetupUI.log. Please upload them to my Dropbox account here and I will look into this further for you: https://www.dropbox.com/request/Hj01R5tVxFz4mRdpx5H4

• Staff

Thanks for sending me the log file. It looks like the .msi file for the old version (1.6) is missing from your Config.msi folder - this is causing the issue with the upgrade. This can happen when a cleanup utility deletes it to save space ;/

Can you download and run the following tool from Microsoft and then try the 1.7 update again. Let me know how you get on.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

Leigh

Hi Leigh, No luck!

I followed the procedure and it did appear to download correctly and remove 1.6 references in the process. BUT it wont start, even as administrator. Fortunately I have 1.6 on another drive so I m continuing to use that. Incidentally 1.7 beta was very very very slow when exporting .jpgs. I am not "flagged" for anything in the Action Centre?

Back to you thanks. Please give my regards to Kegworth! With my Mum I was evacuated there as baby in 1942!!!!!

Mike