You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export PNG & GIF undithered

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to export png's of icons for a website. These are pretty small but there's a lot of them as they are used in CSS sprites. Normally I would export these as a gif or png8, but your settings only allow export to be dithered and that gives me some real quality issues. I'd love it if we could have an option not to dither the png8 and gif exports. I've attached the following files so you can see the problem: -

• site-product-icons11-OLD - The original png8 file out of Photoshop, undithered - I have just added 1 icon to the bottom of this file
  • site-product-icons11a128 - 128 export (dithered) out of Affinity Photo - you can see the problem in spots of colour on say the LR logo 900px down and the steel logo at 450px down
  • site-product-icons11a256 - as above but more colours to see if that was the issue
  • site-product-icons11 - png24 export not showing these issues (no surprise really), but is almost 3x the file size.

Thanks

site-product-icons11.png

site-product-icons11a128.png

site-product-icons11a256.png

site-product-icons11-OLD.png